SallyEppcot's Trip Thread (Nov 2014)

Just turned the notification level up on this thread. don’t want to miss a word!

2 Likes

Here’s the bucket list that I wrote up about a month ago in one of the Clean Open Threads.

My bucket list for November is EPIC. These are all the things I’m planning that will be 100% new experiences for me. 45 things that I’ve never done before. I’ll change it a bit to account for the things that I’ve changed in my plans since then.

Edited to add: These aren’t all the things on my itinerary, just the new-to-me things that I’ve never done before. :smile:

1. Spend a whole week away from my family being purely selfish
  2. Stay at POFQ
  3. #wdwlinersfountains
  4. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
  5. TTA People Mover - both at night and during the day
  6. Jungle Cruise at night
  7. Pre-RD breakfast at Crystal Palace
  8. Splash Mountain
  9. Country Bears Jamboree
  10. Liberty Square Riverboat
  11. Lunch at Be Our Guest
  12. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  13. Carousel of Progress
  14. Festival of Fantasy Parade
  15. Epcot Food & Wine Festival
  16. Ellen’s Energy Adventure
  17. Test Track
  18. Mission: Space (if I don’t chicken out)
  19. Margarita at La Cava
  20. Reflections of China
  21. Buy and eat something at Karamel Kuche
  22. American Adventure
  23. Pizza at Via Napoli
  24. lluminations
  25. Pre-RD breakfast at Akershus
  26. Journey into Imagination with Figment
  27. Meet Mary Poppins and Alice
  28. Impressions de France
  29. Behind the Seeds Tour
  30. Restaurant Marrakesh
  31. Visit the country pavilions we had to skip in February - China, Germany, US, Canada, Morocco
  32. Yee Haw Bob
  33. Rock 'n Roller Coaster
  34. Butterfinger Cupcake from Starring Rolls
  35. Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show
  36. Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream
  37. Animation Academy
  38. Beauty and the Beast Show
  39. Cobb Salad, cocktail and fancy dessert at the Hollywood Brown Derby
  40. MEET AT LEAST ONE LINER
  41. Crew’s Cup Lounge
  42. Drink a Lapu Lapu
  43. Monorail Crawl - I’ve never been in either the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian
  44. Buy one of those really fancy candy apples
  45. Get drunk in a bar
19 Likes

Darling @SallyEppcot I am so excited for you and just wish that I was going to be there to see you sparkle and shine! Don’t forget to make a “Sally Only” wish in one of the POFQ fountains! Or, at Epcot in Italy walk over the bridges towards the lake near the gondolas - there is a small fountain on the lake side. One evening DS10 and I walked over the bridges and saw it. I didn’t have any coins so I said we’d just use our fingers - make a wish and then swish our fingers to make it happen. We wished and at the exact moment we dipped our fingers all of the lights came on for the evening in World Showcase. Disney magic abounds and I am very certain you will find much of it on your upcoming trip.

P.S. do NOT do tequila shots with @MDU - trust me on this one :wink:

13 Likes

Shots of any type would kill me. I’m really not a drinker. I enjoy a glass of nice wine with a fabulous dinner, or a single cocktail over a long evening with friends, but I’ve never been drunk in a bar or done shots of any kind. Don’t worry. My version of Living Large will be very tame. I’m pretty sure the others understand and will respect that.

7 Likes

Thank goodness I found this thread. I would not miss “your trip” for anything! Can’t wait to follow along

1 Like

This is where your @kellymouse5 buddy system can kick in! Seriously, how fun. Enjoy!

8 Likes

It sounds like you have an awesome trip planned!! : ) Loving your “Bucket List” in particular! I am a list kind of gal too… helps me keep on task so to speak.

3 Likes

I love your bucket list! I think it’s fantastic! I can’t wait to see how many of them you get to check off.

3 Likes

I still think it’s unfair of you to call your trip selfish. Selfish has negative connotations, and taking some Sally Time to enjoy life and new experiences is not at all selfish. It’s wonderful!

8 Likes

@SallyEppcot, drink more than one of the hurricane drinks at the POFQ lounge and you will accomplish that task.

4 Likes

I’m really looking forward to following along with your trip!! (As for the Hurricane, I live near NOLA. Only tourists drink them because they don’t know any better. It’s a hangover in a glass.)

4 Likes

Looking forward to following your trip. Excited for you!!

3 Likes

@SallyEppcot I am looking forward to hearing about your trip! Thank you for starting this thread - can’t wait to read about your adventures! Loving your bucket list. Wish I could tag along to cross a few things off myself! Have the best time ever! :heart:

2 Likes

I’m almost done packing!!!

13 Likes

I’ll be following along during your trip! We are headed ‘home’ on 11/11 so we’ll miss you by a few days. I’m so excited to go in just over a week and following your adventures will only make things more exciting!

1 Like

Our tiki restaurant has hurricane drink it is a similar from WDW. They used to a bell when someone had it but the neighbors made them stop. I like them.

Did you hear 7DMT had fire on roof from fireworks. Is it closed,

It isn’t closed. It re-opened after just a couple of hours last night. No worries.

1 Like

Have a great trip @SallyEppcot!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

1 Like

The boys have been sobbing for 30 minutes. I don’t think the early morning flight was a good idea. I should have given them a chance to say good bye in the daytime.