Sales of new AP paused

If it was due to reservations, I think it was preemptive to avert the situation at Disneyland, not because they already sold too many.

1 Like

So you are saying you think it is so that APs are not blocked for the first couple of weeks of December?

I know that Disney leadership think of “the parks” as one entity but if they are concerned about the APR availability in DLR maybe they should stop selling the lower level APs in DLR and not WDW? Just a wild thought……

1 Like

And based on your experience, I was more than happy to wait for Marathon Weekend to complete my upgrade.

Dang it!

I would be all the more upset if I had spent the kind of time and effort you did only to be locked out by this change :frowning:

1 Like

Ugh, this whole situation is maddening. I’ve contemplated emailing them because I think at some point information was entered into the system for me because I was transferred and the second person had all of my confirmation numbers already, etc.

I’m kind of annoyed at myself because I was intent on “sneaking” the Sorcerer Pass when I could have purchased the Incredi-Pass online at any time. It just really makes no sense to me that they turned this off with no warnings, no WDWMagic rumors or anything! I would have just bought the Incredi-pass.

The “why” is still annoying me as well. Like they make you look at the availability calendar before you buy an AP or any tickets. So you can’t say that this was to stave off Thanksgiving people buying an AP and then being “mad” that they can’t go to MK on Thanksgiving. I think they made a mistake by not offering a regular AP that has blackout dates. I would think most (definitely me!) AP buyers don’t need the full Incredi-Pass but that’s all they offered. I assume at this point they turned them off to raise prices and probably add something in between the Sorcerer and Incredi-pass.

2 Likes

I mean, that’s the only explanation I can think of. That Disney is trying to keep reservation availability high for AP holders. But whether it was a good idea, and whether it was necessary right now specifically is certainly up for debate. As I said before, personally I think if that was their reason, they should have just increased park reservation caps instead.

Is this part of the long-term strategy by Disney to increase profitability by eliminating APs? Don’t they make a lot more money by selling regular tickets over APs? IN addtion they do not have to give the discounts associated with showing your AP.

To reduce the media backlash, they take away all the options over a longer period of time.

Again another example of putting shareholders above guest experience.

2 Likes

But that is like 3 weeks away? I can’t imagine THAT many APs having 5 days of reservations already booked between now and then? And I swear I saw that there was one day during my trip (12/8-13) that was considered a “bonus” reservation day.

1 Like

I do think it is all about maximizing profit.

2 Likes

I have an AP and I’m a local, there are only a few days unavailable to me other than my Block-out dates (AP Gold, DH is Scorc).

This doesn’t even seem real…

1 Like

Ikr? But it most definitely is. I’ve bought it 3 times in the few years. It differs from their annual pass in that it doesn’t offer free parking or any discounts, but it does give you admission for all except a handful of dates for the full calendar year.

1 Like

Final note (for now)….

Disney also stopped selling any tickets on these dates:

• November 22
  • November 23
  • November 26
  • December 20
  • December 28
  • December 29
  • December 30

These dates were already blocked out (and more) on the pirate and sorcerer passes.

1 Like

So this would point to the idea of protecting current Incredipass AP holders from being locked out?

But AP holders who decided only 1 day in advance of when they wanted to go?? They can still go literally every single weekend in December!

1 Like

IDK I’m just trying to follow along in case we can identify the logic.

Chances are it’s just that they didn’t feel we were being #Chapeked hard enough and, like you say, will use this “pause” as an opportunity to re-price things more to their evil satisfaction.

4 Likes

Totally, totally not yelling at you. I just find it hard to believe that Disney is feeling bad for poor APs who can’t come on Christmas Day at short notice.

I follow a lot of DLP people on Twitter and for their APs sometimes the next weekend they could book was like 6-8 weeks away! That would seem like a problem to me but not that Thanksgiving sold out a week in advance. I don’t know, like now especially since they force you to go to the availability calendar when you want to buy the ticket or AP that if you buy, you do so eyes wide open.

1 Like

Maybe, but the other two block outs are just money grabs?

1 Like

I think that they really missed the mark by not having a pass for the general public that included blackout dates. I don’t know why they didn’t just reprice them all instead of pausing.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t take it that way at all :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

total tangent – isn’t that a song?

1 Like