Sales of new AP paused

Per https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/ . Some speculation is that WDW is trying to ease demand for the holidays, or doesn’t want new AP holders who can’t get park reservations during the holidays.

Hmmmm, that’s interesting BC when you look at park availability it’s all open for AP? Maybe they want to reallocate to resort guests? If they are only selling the cheapest FL AP that can’t go during the holiday anyway ( block out dates) it’s the only thing that makes sense.

1 Like

Posting the photo of the page

2 Likes

6 Likes

I am SO, SO freaking mad right now! But you’re right! Maybe I do Universal during my convention in March!

4 Likes

That 4 day premier pass is almost the same price as a 4 day park hopper I priced for President’s week. That premier pass comes with after 4 express pass, early entry, and one free HHN ticket (plus discounts).

2 Likes

Same. I have three trips in 2022 and planned to upgrade to AP in January.

1 Like

What crummy news while you are still on your trip!

1 Like

This is very interesting. I wonder what the reasoning behind this is, especially considering they only resumed sales 2 months ago.

1 Like

Not too shabby hotel pricing either!! (This doesn’t include EP though, right?)

3 Likes

Only the top three resorts have express but that is why that AP with express later in the day is nice.

AP rates for the top resorts (amazing resorts) usually run about $250-300 a night?

Editing to add- you can see and book AP rates before you buy an AP. Also, you can do a monthly plan even if you live outside of FL.

2 Likes

Is this what you mean by one of the top resorts? They don’t say Universal but they sound familiar. I’m not sure I would do an AP unless I would want to take my kids next year. But for 2ish days in March solo this might be worth it.

1 Like

Yes! You can walk to the parks, and the beds….!

2 Likes

The three resorts with express pass are: Royal Pacific, Portofino, and Hard Rock

1 Like

Just got an email for AP holders w/ a link to a Qn’A page. Nothing new, no explanation as to why AP sales are suspended, just that we can still renew our APs if we are eligible.

Update on the Annual Pass Program
We have an important Annual Pass Program update. Please [click here](http://t.passholder.disneydestinations.com/r/?id=h1a524f50,5a3aeb6b,4068643d&CMP=EMC-1513810795 320846877&cid=PDM426499&bid=441601872) to learn more.

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

1 Like

Something to think about! Now I’m not as mad. And we can do a day at SeaWorld with my kids next year.

1 Like

I love the Universal twitter account
https://twitter.com/universalorl/status/1462770844942405633?s=21

6 Likes

They definitely are very entertaining!

1 Like

I read a tweet (I think from Scott Gustin?) that said they expect AP sales to resume sometime in 2022, so it’s possible they will come back before your trip(s) if any of you were expecting to upgrade. If they come back on sale and you need one, I guess you can’t bank on them coming back anymore (which will probably drive up demand, and eventually, prices).

The other thing I read is that if you already have unactivated APs, they will still be valid and you can activate them whenever you wish.

1 Like

FYI SeaWorld is having a “blue Friday” sale right now that is really great. For example you can buy their Fun Card for less than 1 day admission and attend unlimited visits through the end of 2022 with minima blackout dates. Also buy 1 get 1 half off for their all day dining which is also a great deal.

3 Likes