Safari picks

Tonight’s sunset

Baboons

Better hippo picture

DW has the nice camera

16 Likes

Holy cow that sunset!

I follow a few accounts on IG that are based in Africa and I look at theirphotos - like your sunset one - and I just think to myself, “I can’t wait to go there!!”

Thank you so much for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

This has been a bucket list for us for a long time. Especially DW. We were planning to do it later in life when our 75-100 mile hiking trips are no longer feasible. Thanks to covid we had to cancel several trips and fell into this thru a friend of DW.

We started planning in December so for us kinda last minute. I know it is expensive to do but you will never regret it.

2 Likes

I’ve been saving up sir almost 2 years now and I’m
Just about there. Then comes the decision: wait til my 50th (2024) or carpe diem

7 Likes

I once heard someone say “If you spend too much on something you really love, you only cry once.”

I let a piece of art I really loved get away from me, so I know exactly what they mean.

5 Likes

I vote this!! :point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3: (Not /only/ because I want to live vicariously through you…)

6 Likes

I’m leaning that way. We will see how the world is when I have all the money in hand.

Not to be morbid but tomorrow is never promised. From that perspective I feel like I should go right away when I can.

9 Likes

It’s true though! After all we’ve missed and lost this year, I feel like we all deserve to throw a little caution to the wind (once it’s safe) and go enjoy things. I can’t wait to have travel to look forward to.

4 Likes

My partners and I have a long list of trips we thought we’d take “some day”, when we had more money/vacation hours saved up or fewer pets to account for… this past year has me absolutely committed to taking at least one bucket list trip as soon as feasible. I can’t stand the thought that I might miss my chance entirely!

5 Likes

Exactly. DW and I are all about living the life we can. It’s all about the experiences

6 Likes

This year has done that for a lot of people.

6 Likes

Wow! This thread and these posts just hit me with all the feels. I’m sitting here just spontaneously crying. It’s all so lovely. Wishing y’all the best time ever!

3 Likes

Another fabulous morning game drive.

Nice spot for lunch

14 Likes

Baboons

Hyena

12 Likes

Lions from this morning. Every day we leave before sunrise and have breakfast on the Mara. The cats are most active in the morning

15 Likes

Your photos are too incredible to be real! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just cannot even wait.

1 Like

Got to see the reunion of mama and her 3 cubs today. The sound they made when they saw her just could melt your heart

19 Likes

I did not think we would get as close to the animals as we are. Usually 20 yards or less. The lions walk right past the trucks within a few feet. It’s like we are not even there.

7 Likes