Safari picks

For all those AK lovers out there.

Oh and by the way, I just got to Kenya yesterday. They actually do say Jambo and Asante Sana here.

39 Likes

It’s like and endless KS ride.

4 Likes

OMG YOU’RE DOING MY TRIP BEFORE ME!!!

I will need plenty of details!
Which company are you touring with?
What resorts are you staying at?
How was the trip over? Which route did you opt for?
We are Liners so I’ll need tips, tricks, and plenty of discussion on food!!

These pics are incredible. I am so excited for you and I cannot wait to hear more!!!

7 Likes

I will hook you up with my wife. She did all the planning. Trip over was long but not bad. Not staying resorts. Tents

12 Likes

I wasn’t sure what to call them.

I want to stay in tents too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I will be happy to get the info from your wife. I’ll send you my email address in a PM here

2 Likes

Yes they are awesome, on the Mara. I will try to post as we go. Depending on wifi

5 Likes

Yes I will give DW your email when we get back

2 Likes

What an amazing trip!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

how awesome! thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Beautiful sunset tonight

Hippos

17 Likes

I wish I could like these photos hundreds of times.

5 Likes

Enjoying a sundowner??

3 Likes

Reading on my phone and just realized those are cheetahs! :scream_cat:

Seriously, your DW needs to become a liner and give us all the deets. I thought in the back of my head that I’d love to do this one day. But knowing you’re there and seeing your pics makes it feel so much more real and attainable.

4 Likes

The company I have been looking at for a while now has 7-10 day safaris on the order of $5000 with most things included, even sometimes airfare.

4 Likes

I’m too terrified of animals to ever do an actual safari (and sleeping in tents isn’t my thing - I was a boy scout and got my fill). But your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. My takeaway is that Disney actually does a decent job of recreating the ambiance!

8 Likes

Just lying down to sleep tonight. It’s just before 9pm. We are staying along a river and can hear the “hippo choir”. Never heard a hippo before sounds like a deep tuba type of sound.

12 Likes

I hope it’s not creepy to say I aspire to live the life of @galuchies_463555 someday! This is amazing!

5 Likes

This is my bucket list trip, too! I have been working hard on my Swahili in preparation for a post-Covid Kenyan Adventure and like OBNurseNH I am dying for allll the details! I hope you have an amazing time!

5 Likes

No not creepy atvall:crazy_face:

1 Like