Rumor about Park Pass Reservations for Hopping

My wife said the same thing. Now she loves it.

Just sayin’.

DH said he’s out for a bit so it’s crossed the line for him and he said he would never go without me since you have to know things like they drop more LLs at 12:47pm in order to ride Frozen without a 90 min wait in 100+ temps. I think this is WDWs way of limiting guests. Make 'em unhappy. You know the alternative would be to build a new theme park (just pretty much do everything Universal Studios is doing).

8 Likes

This Jerk in Charge is using up all of his brand capitol while implementing horrific policy chances (political issues aside) and trying to act like the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Right now, people are putting up with it, because of previous vacation cancellations or Covid restrictions or just wanting to get the hell out of their houses and find some semblance of “normal” again.

But I think you’re right. At some point they’ll realize they can get 2x the experience at another park/vacation experience/etc. and will stop even trying anymore until things settle down.

By then, Chapek will be long gone to his new company, tens of millions of bonus in his pocket going “look how great I made Disney” and “Look how bad they’re doing now that I’m gone…”.

All the while he’s the sole reason it’s tanking.

8 Likes

I’m just saying Jun and Jan 2022, my Universal experiences, affordable VIP Tour for middle class people, and express passes offered for staying “premier” which is really a great deal when you consider a family of four allowed for a “relaxing” theme park experience that was pleasant, off the phone and really able to just enjoy family. Disney has something Universal doesn’t but now I can say the same for Universal. Just go to Universal, especially if you’ve never been and go again in 2025 when Epic opens.

*Take this from a person who pretty much mastered Genie+ and rode everything she wanted at Disney. Universal was both times more pleasant and more affordable.

8 Likes

That was exactly my reaction.

I’m gonna throw this info in here: My DS (Woodrow/“Woody”) (in case y’all didn’t know his name) works at the Animal Kingdom, and he has often remarked on how the park empties at 2:00 because so many people could only get a park reservation there, but they really want to be somewhere else.

So do what you want with that unscientific observation. :disguised_face:

11 Likes

hmmmm… I’d love to stroll through the paths w/ fewer ppl. Thanks for sharing this bit of intel; or thank Woody :wink:

7 Likes

I have the solution. Add more to the park. We had a discussion here before:

Bust out more twinkle lighting, put the Christmas lanterns back up in Asia, step up the music and do a slightly more exotic than Epcot food and drink event. Roll the lotus blossoms onto the lake too. Give it a vibe and some interesting things to do. Maybe just on the weekends to attract locals!

The dinoland dance party is coming back - that adds some energy. But the park just needs more!

5 Likes

And Iger, and DAmaro.

2 Likes

Well fuck.

5 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Why can’t this one disappear quickly like the AP coming back rumor?

7 Likes

Unreal. And today started off so good…

5 Likes

Pirates is almost beyond fun in the drop department.

Splash wasn’t tolerable the first time. I had been misled.

1 Like

I have never been truly interested in UOR, but always told the kids “someday” when they’d see a ride on a billboard in Orlando or such.

Fast forward to most of my family wanting something different than More Disney, and UOR being less $ anyway. I don’t know a thing about HP or most of the IPs there, and yet we had a blast. Was nice to try some different things. Shows. Etc. the infamous Butterbeers. Some rides were downright amazing. Etc.

Granted - knocking different things off a bucket list is wholly endorsed by my wanderlust!!! But UOR proved a lot of fun despite no idea about much of the tie ins.

8 Likes

The board just made X amount off of presales for an 8 million-ish test run.

Movie franchises are doing well, Wish is in the water, people are near bloodlust over AP sales and now they don’t have to have freebies like Magical Express or staffing parks unnecessarily.

They’ll let him run it straight into the ground as long as they get paid.

4 Likes

Yes. Please. We left at 1:00PM last Friday having done everything we wanted to do and a few more. It was too hot to just stay for the sake of staying.
Surely they could add some fun.

What’s going on in Dinoland where that Chester thing was?

2 Likes

What would make more sense to me is if they made you make reservations for your first park for the standard ticket price, and then you paid $X per each other park reservation you wanted for the day, more like an a La carte park hopper per day scalable rather than hoppers for the whole ticket length and all parks.

:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

My difficulty with most theme parks is that I’m not a thrill ride person. I don’t enjoy drops unless we’re turning like on EE or going backward like on EE. I’ll take a spin any day.

1 Like

One of our favorite days from our trip back in Nov/Dec was the last day. We had park reservations for HS. We decided the night before to hop to MK and then hop to Epcot, our top 3 parks. No G+. We had a blast. Additional reservations would ruin that.

I haven’t been on here much. We were thinking of doing UOR next year, but the ticket prices, inflation, and unexpected house stuff struck. So now we are looking at 2026/2027 for a hoorah Florida trip for our twins’ senior year/graduation. Not sure we will do any Disney. We are doing a beach house in Outer Banks next year.

We did 3 Disney trips with our 3 kids and that’s more than most people get. But still disappointing. Spoke with a coworker that had gone several times as well and they are done. They went recently and discussed how much more expensive it has gotten.

I think that all this will hit Disney in the coming years, especially if there is a recession. Right now, people are still doing trips that were cancelled, as well as revenge travel.

4 Likes