Rumor about Park Pass Reservations for Hopping

One of the basic tenants of business is solving a problem that your customer has. For example, at Subway the customers want fast food that’s not excessive in calories, heavy and greasy. When I go to WDW I want to escape from the real world and it’s problems. I want to spend time with my family making memories that will last a lifetime. That used to be the problem they solved. Now they are (trying to) solve problems of their own making. The “solution” of which compounds my actual problem - wanting to leave the real world behind and be present with my family. With Chapek and D’Amaro in charge for another 3 yrs, and a potential recession that they can blame, I’m afraid nothing will change for a while.

12 Likes

You state this so well.

When a change is made, you expect something better. It has been a succession of changes that make things worse. So many missed opportunities to make things better.

I’m afraid every time I read about a change from them now.

11 Likes

100% this.

5 Likes

I’m an AP holder so I’ve never read the park hopper ticket info, but has this language always been there?

I used to get excited about making a Disney hotel reservation and the fastpass planning process. I’ve yet to make a hotel reservation for school vacation week next April and I’m not sure I will. As I understand Genie +, I can’t pick the time of day I want for a ride? Now, there is a rumor of having to make a second park reservation to hop? We are a rope drop family, hit the new ride(s), use the fast passes, back to hotel pool for rest, then hop to whatever park we want. We like doing Disney our way. Avoid the crowds, heat, and lines as much as possible. Why didn’t they just keep fast pass and charge us extra for it? At least we could choose the times we ride and the parks we hop to. Can’t believe Chapek is around for 3 more years.

3 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

People who didn’t do any research and didn’t know they had to make FPs in advance didn’t like it.

of course, those same people often show up without park reservations so there will always be someone unhappy

3 Likes

Of course, ahem, there were those who did TONS of research and knew they had to make FPs in advance…and STILL didn’t like it. :grin:

2 Likes

True but those people were just wrong. It was a great system.

4 Likes

FIFY

I think I had it right first time. We never had to wait with FPP.

1 Like

And we, by comparison, waited in extremely longer Standby lines without being able to get any useful FPs to counter the extended lines.

2 Likes

You could have got the FPs too, they were available for everyone.

Not the good/useful ones. Those were only available to those staying on property.

1 Like

I’ve got all the big rides at 30 days in the past, except FOP which did elude me. And I was always able to change a headliner to a better time on the day, either just by refreshing or at a drop time.

So alienate your core repeat customer. I don’t get it. Money money money

1 Like

Agree. Recession, no more cancelled trips to be rescheduled, and the end of revenge travel could hit Disney all at the same time sometime in 2023/2024.

On our WDW trip this year, I mentioned this exact issue to DW. We have young kids so DW and I can still make the kids’ WDW experience seamless and magical because we are doing all the work (G+, ILL, Park Res … along with literally working to afford WDW and all the extras), but the WDW experience for DW and I is no longer the escape from the real world which it used to be.

4 Likes

The worst part is that it is ME who feels guilty talking this place up for the past years.

I’ve finally convinced friends and family to go and I feel like it’s going to be on me if/when they don’t have a good time because of all this. I feel like I’ve sold them all on a false product.

3 Likes

Well, maybe to a degree? But I think a lot of the angst and frustration that people here have is because we know what it was and what we have lost. For them, this is the first exposure (or the first in a long while) so while they may be able to identify that things aren’t super smooth in a lot of ways or things don’t function fantastically, I don’t think it will be the same as for us. Does that make sense?

6 Likes