ROTR Help--I have 1 shot at this!

I’m going to WDW next week and next Wed is my first day in the park. We made it for HS and then we’re going to do 1 park each day and the parkhop later possibly.

I’m really nervous about the ROTR process, so a few questions.

1. I have been practicing and I’ve been getting the message that says “Just a moment Is Everyone in the park”. That means I would’ve made it, correct?

2. I haven’t heard people’s opinions on this, but does it make sense to have my wife login on her phone through my account. Then if I’m on Wifi and she is on LTE, maybe one of us is faster than the other? Or if I get it, could her attempting possibly screw it up?

3. Is the best strategy to get to the page where it says “Attractions-Rise of the Resistance” and then just refresh on that screen until the "Join Now’ button appears?

4. Finally, just to confirm, if I’m seeing all the people on my app then it means I will get the option to just click one button and add all to the ride? I don’t need to select all of them.

Any other tips? Sorry for the questions, I’m getting very nervous that I’ll blow it!

1 Like

@bebe80 has a thread devoted to this. Check it out…

5 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Yes - the more the merrier
  3. Home page of MDE - scroll down - join button is there
  4. Correct
5 Likes

You’re a good learner, I’m starting to like you :wink:

5 Likes

You’re in good company! Everyone does. :smiley:

I’ve taken to the Star Wars thing like a duck to water, too. I’m super extra awesome now.

6 Likes

Just reading through now.

No, it won’t screw it up.

1. I think you’re referring to the “Join VQ” page. This is one of the methods that you can try. (Swipe, Join, Join)
    But most people prefer the Join, Join, Join from the home screen. This method has proven to attain Boarding Group 1 on various occasions. I stick with recommending one method for less confusion.

Yes, but don’t even look to see if everyone is selected. This slows you down!

2 Likes

What happens if you get a BG and it turns out to conflict with and ADR or droid/lightsaber appt?

You can be late for RoTR by hours, they don’t care.

4 Likes

1. I think you’re referring to the “Join VQ” page. This is one of the methods that you can try. (Swipe, Join, Join)
    But most people prefer the Join, Join, Join from the home screen. This method has proven to attain Boarding Group 1 on various occasions. I stick with recommending one method for less confusion.

I’ve seen 2 methods described and both authors seem convincing. The one I think you’re describing is in this video. He goes to the 3 lines at the bottom right>Virtual Queues and then not hitting “Join VIrtual Queue” until the it turns 7:00.

The other method I’ve seen says to go to the ROTR from the home screen on the app, clicking “JOIN” and then refreshing from that screen up until 7:00.

I assume the “join, join, join” method is the first one in the youtube vid?

1 Like

Ok, so I should have all of my family members with phones sign into the MDE app using my login credentials. I can have my wife on LTE, my son on Wifi, and then me outside on WIFI or whatever. When the second hits 7:00, all three of us follow the steps and if I secure a boarding pass, then my wife or son trying for it won’t screw anything up? It basically will not allow them to do anything?

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen the videos with both methods also. Just check my PDF for my method.

2 Likes

Sure!

Your wife and son will get a something went wrong message if you secure the bg first. And vise versa

Who’s going to control the separate device with the world clock/ time.gov?

Wait. I just got this. Lol.

1 Like

HA…beat you at your own game…yeah you remember me using this term and passed it on yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you serious or exaggerating? I have never been to Hollywood Studios, so please pardon my ignorance. I made a reservation at HS for the same day I arrive at Orlando. If they call my boarding group before I get to the park and I don’t get there until several hours later, I can still use it? Until the park closes?

1 Like

He is very serious.

3 Likes

Yeah if you are able, and not on a plane at 7am. I think the worst case scenario is this example: you get BG 50, show up late when they are calling BG 100, they may bump you and give you BG 150. But most the time, it’s no trouble showing up hours late and they let you right in.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. So that PDF method is the one that you referenced someone getting boarding group 1 with?

Sorry, I know this is the minute, but it’s going to be the first day of the trip and I’d like to start it off on the right foot! I’ve gotten it every time I’ve practiced at home, but I’m on pretty fast wifi here.

What do you mean by this?

Yes I personally got BG 1