Room Request Changes

Definitely an important detail.

Especially because someone who is a long-time user of that service but not on the forums may not be used to even setting a request until much closer to the time the faces used to be sent.

I am definitely missing something here, so excuse my stupidity: but where is the actual request form within my dashboard?

From the dashboard page, click on the “Itinerary” tab (if you are using mobile), or if on desktop, scroll past your checklist until you see the title of your trip. Under the title of your trip there should be a button that says “Configure Room Request” (if not, try editing your trip to include room reservation info).

Thanks. I’m not seeing it there, and where I usually had seen it in the past. In fairness, the trip starts tomorrow, so maybe that has something to do with it. That, or I’m just really missing it right in front of my face. No big deal. It’s for my parents and they’re staying at Poly and they’re just happy to be staying there! Thanks!

What it looks like on an iPhone…

1 Like

@len In the past you’ve asked for us to report back on these. I’ve been remiss in not responding… I’m thrilled to report that we got pretty much the exact room asked for, 1st floor at AoA Little Mermaid area standard room, closest possible to the lobby, while still being close to the pool, with the request being just a few days before the trip. While I’m sure it was helpful that it was a relatively low Sept crowd level also repressed by the potential impending hurricane, I believe it shows this works, as one can’t even request a 1st floor room anymore on DME for that kind of room, let alone a specific location, and that’s a rather large set of buildings. THANK YOU for a great service.

3 Likes

I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

I just noticed that the Touring Plans check list has “checkin to your hotel” as a 60 day out task, but I thought the emails are sent 30 days out.

Should we checkin 60 days out, make whatever requests we want then, and then duplicate those requests 30 days out with you?

This is my first trip as an adult and my parents always just winged it haha

You can check in basically any time, but you shouldn’t make requests there if you’re doing a TP request.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll do the TP request at 30 days and 1-2 weeks before.

1 Like

@len - we just switched, after 30 days, so the first request already went out. I just added a new fax for our changed resort. Will that get faxed, too? I think so, but just confirming.

If you’re staying Club Level and have submitted requests to Signature Services, should you still fill out the room request?

Not sure, but wondering what you are requesting at Gran Destino? We just have standard view, club level booked but not sure what the setup is. I usually like high floor but other than that, no clue what to request (and should I call SS and put the request in?)

1 Like

We have 2 rooms so my big request is just connecting or at least adjacent.

1 Like

First time user of room request. Is the reservation number the same as the Package Confirmation Number?

If that is the number you linked into MDE it will work.

What is MDE?

My Disney Experience.

Hi @len! I just changed my reservation. Is there a way to send a room request if we leave in 15 days?

Hey @Sandyh. Yes - delete your original room request, and create another. We’ll send it out within 24 hours.

Thank you so much!!!