Room Request Changes

Hi @len , thanks for the update. Are you still able to send an email room request for my mid-September trip? I was a little slow in choosing my preferred room but I added it today. Thanks!

@len - Perhaps a general email to let people know who are not on the forums?

My request has been set for a while, so I am good. BUT my 30 days is 3 days away and if I were not on here and did not have it done, I would be operating on the previous time frame where I always got an email reminding me to set it up or make any changes since I have not gotten such an email.

@len

Late to the table here…

If we are less than a week out from our reservation (or less than 30 days in the future), should we not use the TP room request feature? Nice to see Disney moving on from 80s tech to the 21st century. I’m pretty amazed that this wasn’t done years ago! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can definitely still use the room request feature, even if you’re within 5 days. Let me know how it goes!

2 Likes

@len, I made changes to the request right when I think the huge batch was sent. Do you know if that messed with your system? I’m cool if they didn’t get the updated request as I was mostly just changing nitpicky stuff, but want to make sure at least one of the requests went through. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like your request went out on 2019-08-17 at 08:03:09 EDT via email. Disney’s confirmed receipt. If you want to make changes, I suggest deleting that one and adding another. Let me know if that doesn’t make sense, please.

Good luck!

Len

1 Like

Hello, My check in date is Sept 16th and I had requested my room a while back. I just wanted to make sure that my request was included in that group that was sent on August 16th. If there is something additional I need to do, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey Katrina,

Yes, it was sent at this time: 2019-08-17 08:03:11 EDT.

Let me know how this goes, please, and if there’s anything else I can help with for your trip!

Len

Perfect!! Thanks so much!

@len I have a QQ. Are the room requests sent over just once a month? Or everyday, for the next 30 days? Just curious

I have had the least amount of luck with Yacht Club. Stayed there twice in the past year. Both times the room we were assigned wasn’t even close to the room requested. The last time, we had a similar issue with delays. I know check in isn’t until 3pm. We stopped at the front desk when we arrived at around 12:30 and decided to have lunch and relax. By 3:30, still no text. I went to the front desk again, they called upstairs and said the room assigned still wasn’t ready, but they had one (at the very end of the resort a country mile away) that was ready now. We took it. But overall we haven’t been very happy with Yacht Club room assignment.

New requests are sent every day.

If we’re using a travel agent & she sent in our request, do you think it would be helpful to still send a TP email request as well to “double up” on the chances they see our request?

Be careful about doubling up on requests if they say different things, because if they contradict, they may not give you your highest priority request.

1 Like

@len - I’m just repeating my suggestion that a general email about this change go out as not every subscriber is on these forums. I am on another one as well, and someone on there (who is not on here) is within 28 days of their trip and just did their request because they are accustomed to the old time frame and did not know about the change. I suspect there are going to be many upset people who do not know about the change to 30 days out and end up with no request on file.

We’re updating the system to reflect the 30-day change.

@len, the request will still go out at less than 30 days, right?

Yes. If the request is in the system at 30 days, it goes out at 30 days. If it’s entered at 29, 28, 27 days … all the way down to 1 day in advance of check-in, it’ll get sent out the next morning, too.

2 Likes

That is what I thought. I think that is an important detail. I think people should know they haven’t “missed” anything.

2 Likes

FWIW, I did get a TP alert on 9/3 to make any changes to my room request that would be sent on 9/5 (for a 10/5 check-in).

1 Like