ROL Updates and STRONG Rumors

D23 event?

I do not like this rumor thread anymore. It does make complete sense that this would be the roll out, but I will still hold out hope that it will actually debut before then. C’mon, it sounds like its ready, why not get it out there?

1 Like

D23 is a huge Disney “fan club” (for the lack of a more sophisticated term). It’s a paid membership that gives members access to a very nice magazine, special events at the parks, etc. Their most well known event is the huge bi-annual convention held in August in Anaheim. This is where “big announcements” about the parks and films are released (the D23 2015 event was where SWL and TSL were both announced, and details about Pandora were released). There will be a smaller event in WDW Nov 18-20; a good portion of the agenda is devoted to AK. Both Rhode and Cameron are slated to be there, so there is lots of buzz about details for Pandora to be released. The premier of RoL would fit in with the “style” of a D23 event, and it’s close to the rumored “mid-November” time frame. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see…

1 Like

I don’t either lol… especially considering that rumor is floating around with the idea that they have already successfully performed the show after hours at least once. So if that’s true, they literally would just be holding off to make sure paid D23 members get a first glance. Unfair in our eyes but to Disney, it’s a perfect opportunity to attract more members. A “look at what you would have gotten to experience if you were a member” type thing.

It’s still under rehearsal. No one “knows” if they’ve even done a complete run-through yet with the “fixes” that were made. Disney is REALLY keeping this whole thing hush-hush. Even some “well-placed” people who will sometimes “leak” info about upcoming projects are saying that they are completely in the dark. It’s just a waiting game.

I know nothing has been confirmed, but I am 10 days away from my trip and selfishly want it to be there for me. Cause, you know, my whole entire trip will be ruined if I don’t get this 30 minutes of entertainment.

3 Likes

I was just reading the itinerary for the D23 WDW expo and in their itinerary November 20th, 8pm. It states in park gathering (optional). Details forthcoming. Looks very likely the rumors may be correct. What happens if we are there at the same time??? “The whole thing is highly suspect…” bonus points if you can name that movie!!! Lol!

1 Like

So sad, BUT thanks for posting, now I can get on with planning the rest of my day at AK and stop obsessing over this

2 Likes

You can actually join D23 for free and receive a lot of the benefits (like discounts at the Disney store and exclusive merchandise, as well as invites to some of the events). I know because I’m a member. :slight_smile: To get the really exclusive stuff, you have to pay for a gold membership. https://www.disneystore.com/join-d23-now/mn/1001272/

Does each person have to be member? I have my DH and DD that will be with me on November 20th.

Just stopping back in for my periodic update - such as it is… No new info from reliable sources. A “mid-November” opening seems likely, with some indicators that it could be during the D23 event weekend (20 Nov). NOTHING is known about soft openings, previews, FPPs, dining packages, etc. or show schedules and park operating hours. The general consensus is that IF (and the “not likely” are outweighing the “likely”) they have any kind of soft openings, they will probably not be announced more than an hour or two in advance and only in AK, to try to avoid a total stampede of people trying to get into AK.

3 Likes

WDWNT is saying November 18! My last night in parks is the 6th. Doubt there will be any soft openings that far in advance, if that date is even accurate. But, exciting either way.

Since the refurbishment schedule for Dinosaur changed to re-opening November 20th, we changed our touring date to that day. Hoping we get an extra bonus and see ROL!!!

Ugh we will be at AK tomorrow for our last day. :disappointed: we planned this trip over a year in hopes of seeing ROL but now we’ve adjusted plans. Either way it will be sure to be magical!

1 Like

Another board I am on has people saying that it will be sooner. No later than the 14th. Either way, it sounds like it is coming soon.

Bswan and Jeremy_Patrick: Are you hearing any news/updates from your contacts? It’s been quite about ROL, but surely, they’ll launch it soon. I listened to this week’s Disney Dish Podcast. Len and Jim spoke briefly about ROL. Jim thought WDW is likely to have the show “go” during the Christmas season in order to distribute crowds during high crowd times. I’m no expert, but it still seems to me that it would make sense to have ROL start soon rather than wait until next year. Pandora will be its own draw and doesn’t need ROL with it to launch that land.

Please tell me you’re hearing rumblings!

I have heard rumors the there will be an announcement at D23 and that the “in park” event listed on the 20th Here will be the official launch- but who knows?

1 Like

“Strongest” buzz is still an opening sometime on the weekend of Nov 18-20, but things have been extremely quiet on the Disney front.

1 Like

thanks! i’ll be there then, but occupied on the 20th with JBJB, so am holding out hope for the 18th.

1 Like

I just noted this on the TP page about RoL:

Is there new information about this?

2 Likes