ROL Updates and STRONG Rumors

Maybe they will update ROL and SW Galactic, both, on October 15th and at the same time, release those restaurants for the dining packages with ROL for November. Wouldn’t that be great? I just fear that I’m going to miss getting a reservation if they do open things up.

1 Like

OK, so historically…
When something new is released, do the openings/announcements (like dining packages) come out at midnight on the website or during a certain time on the release date (like 7am EST)? Just wondering. Yes, I’m being overboard!

1 Like

Wait so no RoL until May 2017? I am confused. We are going in January and I really want to see this if it is out. And if it is out in January, should I plan on a FPP for it if I think a dining thing is out for our family? Those cannot be the only ways to see this, that’s crazy. TIA.

Disney has pulled that page, so it may be inadvertently been released.

I have a Tusker house reservation in December I’m
Hoping to turn into a dining package. How will
I best know when that’s offered. I’m stalking lines but I don’t want to miss it!

1 Like

It may be the same page that was originally planned in January of 2016. Flame Tree was replaced when Tiffins opened.

Do we know for sure which restaurants will be in the dining package? Any chance it will include Yak and Yeti? By December?

I have an ADR for Y&Y on Dec 12, but there’s a Tiffins available too … were we not going to Boma the day before, I’d go for Tusker House.

Not necessarily. DPs will not be available until May, but when the show is ready to open is a completely independent issue.

We know absolutely nothing “for sure”. We don’t even know “for sure” if the DP page that appeared and disappeared was current, a mistaken link, a draft, or whatever.

Y&Y is not a Disney owned restaurant and I have read that is why it was not included in the Jungle Book package. You cannot convert a current reservation to a RoL ADR so you might as well keep what you have unless/until they announce a new package.

With all the CRAZINESS today-all the announcements about no more SW fireworks and instead the Jingle Bell show-as well as other announcements, what do you think about any news soon on ROL? Crystal ball guesses? I still think they’re bound to start the show soon, given those “final push” rehearsals. No way they’d get a show ready and then wait until May.

On the other hand, Jingle Bells completely came out of left field, so I suppose anything is possible with ROL.

1 Like

According to the last word from Len and Jim Hill (granted, this was prior to Matthew’s landfall so I believe around the 6th), they are hearing very end of October/beginning of November.

For what my crystal ball guess is worth, I imagine they’re right. I agree with what you’re saying, Disney wouldn’t be putting in all this work to just hold off until next year. Your cast would forget their moves, places, etc. Len said he heard that they had done a couple of successful performances so far.

3 Likes

How come their were no rumors about the new HS fireworks? That seemed to come from nowhere.

As great as the internet can be with getting the skinny on future happenings at WDW, they still occasionally surprise us. Luckily, this is a new firework show with no entertainers necessary and nothing new to be installed so it allowed them to do everything in secrecy.

4 Likes

Like everything you’re sharing, Jeremy_patrick! Thanks for taking the time to send your thoughts.

2 Likes

I had to book kids club today so I spoke to two different people at Disney. Couldn’t resist asking if their were any ROL rumours, First said she was checking daily, second thought they’d be news within the next week.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

The latest is that the D23 event at the end of November will be opening night. There is an event Sunday, Nov 20th for attendees that Disney is withholding details about and saying it’s an “event you don’t want to miss” at 8 PM, requiring theme park admission and after Joe Rhode talks about Animal Kingdom at 4:55 pm. I’m really hoping this isn’t true but everything does line up really well for it to work out that way.

1 Like

::sob:

1 Like

I’ve heard this rumor as well, but as it did not come from one of my “trusted sources” I was hesitant to post it. There is a LOT of logic to this however.

2 Likes