ROL Updates and STRONG Rumors

Thanks, I like your guesstimates, they are logical. First showing at 7:30 also gives them scope to add one earlier if expected attendance jumps.

I have seen some more developments online about the new Rivers of Light show and thought Iā€™d share. I guess they did a special presentation for the Disney Momā€™s Panel the other day and videos have surfaced online of it. While no clips of the actual show were shared, the director, Mark Renfrow, got on stage and talked about the premise of the show and the different elements in it. He also made it very clear he has seen the show and it was awesome.

Iā€™ve also seen other rumors online that suggest the shows could start as soon as next week. Again, this is nothing solid and sometimes itā€™s hard to discern what people actually know vs what theyā€™re just making up. However, there seem to be several cast members that have said their rehearsals have been constant so Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s validity to this rumor.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be at AK 10/22, and hoping thereā€™s something to that :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll be there November 8th so Iā€™m hoping so too. Trying not to get too excited yet because as bswan has pointed out, it could be the 15th as well so weā€™ll have to keep our fingers crossed

What are your thoughts about how many days of the week the show will be on once it does open? Do you think that once it starts, it will play nightly? Or do you think itā€™ll play only on certain nights (like the Star Wars G show)? Our trip is the 16-21Nov. So, Iā€™m really hoping it will play while we are there.

Iā€™m guessing that it will be quite popular when it first opens, and if the mid-November time frame is correct it will be right before the Holiday season. I would expect it to run nightly, at least through the first of the year. There are also dining packages to consider, where they charge you more for the same food with the promise of a guaranteed seat for the show. Disney likes this.

1 Like

I agree that most likely it will be nightly. One thing to keep in mind- when Jungle Book first opened the lines for that show were very long. They did offer dining packages and FPs which helped. Also, although there were lines for the show attraction rides never seemed to be very long.

ā€œGeneral wisdomā€ is that at least for the first few months, if you donā€™t have a dining package or a FPP, you probably wonā€™t be able to see it.

But, does that mean they will offer the dining package as soon as they announce itā€™s going to be open? We have a TH reservation on the 18thā€¦if they open ROL, will we be able to convert it? Seems like with such short notice on ROL opening, TH and Tiffins could easily be fully booked by that time.

Is there a time of day/day of week when Disney is more likely to release this info based on historic trend or is it completely random? I expect it is any day now and I am 50 days out from the trip, trying to avoid driving myself crazy with excessively checking.

1 Like

They offered the dining packages as soon as they knew it was Jungle Book.

1 Like

I see ROL dining package is up in MDE - it just wonā€™t let you make a reservation yet because it has not been officially released. I called and CM said ā€œsoonā€ but of course couldnā€™t give a date

3 Likes

This gets me so excited and nervous. Trip in 21 days! I have to come up with a backup plan if it starts.

13 for me!

1 Like

I have been so OCD about this, itā€™s ridiculous. This is our first trip in over 7 years and will likely be our last before grand kids :slight_smile:

1 Like

me too, it is pathologic! Canā€™t wait until my planning can be done!

2 Likes

Funny you should ask about dining packagesā€¦

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/rivers-of-light/news/13oct2016-rivers-of-light-dining-packages-to-begin-in-may-2017.htm

Donā€™t freak. This doesnā€™t necessarily reflect when the show will open. May 1st is the 180 day booking window from Nov 1st. This may well be a planned strategy to increase the number of standbys who can see the show right after it opens. The last thing they want is word to get out ā€œdonā€™t bother even trying to see ROL unless you have a reservation; you canā€™t get inā€; this would defeat the whole purpose of trying to bring/keep people in the park longer (and spend money). But again, all just guesses on my part, informed only by my observations on how Disney seems to do thingsā€¦

1 Like

Your logic makes a lot of sense to me!

I called WDW and the women on the phone told me the reservations would be open in the next few days! That was before the ROL dining package was removed from the website. Fingers crossed it is soon.

4 Likes

I saw the ROL dining package page this morning while I was searching 11/28/16
The page is gone now and nothing was bookable but I grabbed a few screenshots to reference:

2 Likes