Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

So, is it best to remove family and friends from your list who are not interested in waking up early to tap in prior to park open? If boarding groups are gone in 60 seconds seems like it might be worth it to remove them prior to trying for a boarding group. And how do you all time the best time to attempt to join a boarding group. Do you need a stop watch with a seconds hand so you attempt to join right at 7:59:59??? I’m planning on being there May 9-16, I’m already stressing about only having 60 seconds! This is crazy and my husband thinks I’ve lost it!

1 Like

I had a party of 8, and I also was leading a Memory Maker share out of my own account rather than a dummy, and I was able to get a BG even with having to scroll past all the MM share people and then select the 8 people in my party. It’s not ideal, but it can be done. I also didn’t check time.gov or anything else fancy. I just started refreshing over and over a little before the hour. This is not to say those things don’t help, but don’t despair if you don’t use every tip in the thread. You still have a good shot at being successful.

1 Like

Thanks! stupid question, how do you refresh the app? Or does that mean you just sign out and back in?

To do a full refresh, force close the app and relaunch it. If you have an iPhone 11, it looks like this:

You can also do a “soft” refresh within the app by pushing the “back” button from certain screens, or pulling down on the top of the screen and it will connect to the server and pull any new data.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This post has screenshots. It’s for DL but is also applicable to WDW.

2 Likes

Well since the poll question you created was in response to one of my silly questions, I get a little credit as well. :wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Interestingly there have been three different postings of this question and it looks like 90% or more of guests are getting at least a BBG.

3 Likes

Too true! Credit where it’s due! :wink:

2 Likes

Weird thing happened this morning. I was practicing getting a boarding group from home. But instead of getting the “is everyone in the park” message, I got an actual boarding group. I cancelled of course, but this is one more glitch to add to the list of the inadequacies of the BG process.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I wonder if it’s a new policy and not just a glitch.

2 Likes

Same happened to me this morning. Just practicing for our upcoming trip and I got BG 46. I cancelled right away.

3 Likes

Wow. Same thing happened to me this morning. I only got a BBG (because I’m still too slow after weeks of practice).

1 Like

So when someone says they are “practicing” from home, what does that exactly mean? Just opening up the MDE app and clicking on My Status? What else is there to practice? I just feel like I’m missing something here.

It is about getting to the Join Boarding Group page.

I really would cut down on the practicing. If you know how to get one then you know all you need to know

1 Like

I’ve only ever practiced once. :slight_smile:

I guess this is why I’m asking. It’s not a technically complicated process. It’s extremely simple actually. I’m assuming the “practice” is more about the timing, and trying to time it immediately at 8:00

1 Like

Usually practicing from home means at park opening time, you try to “join a boarding group” from home. It’s just a way to familiarize yourself with the process. You can get as far as selecting the members of your party and then it tells you that they aren’t in the park. But different methods work for different people. Some refresh over and over a minute before the hour, some click “find out more” on the hour, etc, etc.

3 Likes

There have been reports of techniques not working consistently, so I think folks want to know what works best for them.

Doing the page drag on the My Status page, for example, as been shown not to work for some people. Others, it has. Some have found even going back and forth wasn’t triggering a refresh.

So, I think the practicing is just finding the technique that works so that they are ready when the day comes.

I did it one morning to just see for myself how it worked. But I’m good now. Once was enough.

6 Likes

This is big news. I hope this is a new trend because I would love to be able to get a BG without being in the park (especially given my upcoming trip to Disneyland where I will only be there in the evening).

1 Like