Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Same happened to me this morning. Just practicing for our upcoming trip and I got BG 46. I cancelled right away.

3 Likes

Wow. Same thing happened to me this morning. I only got a BBG (because I’m still too slow after weeks of practice).

1 Like

So when someone says they are “practicing” from home, what does that exactly mean? Just opening up the MDE app and clicking on My Status? What else is there to practice? I just feel like I’m missing something here.

It is about getting to the Join Boarding Group page.

I really would cut down on the practicing. If you know how to get one then you know all you need to know

1 Like

I’ve only ever practiced once. :slight_smile:

I guess this is why I’m asking. It’s not a technically complicated process. It’s extremely simple actually. I’m assuming the “practice” is more about the timing, and trying to time it immediately at 8:00

1 Like

Usually practicing from home means at park opening time, you try to “join a boarding group” from home. It’s just a way to familiarize yourself with the process. You can get as far as selecting the members of your party and then it tells you that they aren’t in the park. But different methods work for different people. Some refresh over and over a minute before the hour, some click “find out more” on the hour, etc, etc.

3 Likes

There have been reports of techniques not working consistently, so I think folks want to know what works best for them.

Doing the page drag on the My Status page, for example, as been shown not to work for some people. Others, it has. Some have found even going back and forth wasn’t triggering a refresh.

So, I think the practicing is just finding the technique that works so that they are ready when the day comes.

I did it one morning to just see for myself how it worked. But I’m good now. Once was enough.

6 Likes

This is big news. I hope this is a new trend because I would love to be able to get a BG without being in the park (especially given my upcoming trip to Disneyland where I will only be there in the evening).

1 Like

I wish I knew this earlier! I got to Join Boarding Group and the Select Your Party and bailed at that point, because I never get anywhere! Good to know for tomorrow. The timing to allow this would make sense with MMRR coming next week. Between RD for MMRR (especially since no early FPs) and the BG process, the crowds could explode even more than they are at park open.

All BBG were gone before 8:01:09 am. I don’t know how many people are practicing, but it might be the cause. BBG Threshold being 51 and a late opening is not a good sign.

3 Likes

It seems like not everyone cancelled in that minute so there might not actually be many people waiting today.

1 Like

You want Boarding Groups to go faster? If anyone can attempt to join the virtual queue the Boarding Groups will go in an instant. I believe this was just a fluke, not a new process.

7 Likes

Good points. I will have to re-resign myself to the fact that I won’t be able to ride this trip. (I’m going again in April and will be able to ride then.)

I’ve been practicing because I want to get the timing down–like knowing exactly when to open the app and how long it will take to load. Also with practice I have discovered that refreshing has only worked once for me and I have to use the My Status button to join a BG.

2 Likes

I hope it was - but probably explains why I didn’t get in this morning when practicing

We just established a 90% success rate for liners who arrive on time and know what to do :yum:

If getting a BG becomes easier, this number can go down a lot. Basically anyone with a WDW ticket (or local AP) couldd try to get one, and then just go to DHS if they get it, for the entire family (maybe just upgrading to PH If that is the case). And there are travel agents as well who would be able to provide BGs as a service.

I would bet on success rate going easily to below 50%

2 Likes

Sooooo people who were getting BGs - do you at least have an active ticket?

In a separate thread people were saying they got one with no active ticket.