Rise of the Resistance Anxiety-Am I Alone?

Hi all. I am going to WDW for the first time in six years (nearly seven) next February. Obviously a lot has changed since my last time there (looking forward to Flight of Passage, even though I have no particular fondness for the Avatar property) but of course the biggest change is Hollywood Studios, specifically Galaxy’s Edge.

I know it is incredibly early to even think about this but, I have an admission to make: I’m feeling really anxious that I’m not going to get to experience Rise of the Resistance. Is this a common worry going in? Is it a realistic worry? Should I already be expecting that I am not going to get to experience it on this trip?

9 Likes

Totally normal. Not completely unrealistic. But if you follow the instructions on this thread you’re really in about as good a position as you can be for attempting

9 Likes

Also: Welcome! :wave:

4 Likes

The process to experience ROTR could be completely different in February. Don’t fret over it too much yet!

7 Likes

Thanks! This is super handy and I’m adding it to my phone now. The part about focusing on the join button over making sure the group is in is a great tip.

3 Likes

I think most people have had success using these instructions. And you can practice from home each day at the 0700 and 1pm times so you can get comfortable with the process and really see how it works.

6 Likes

I think it is important to not think your trip (or day or whatever) is ruined just because you don’t get ROTR. A disappointment, sure, but if you don’t manage to get a BG, don’t let it get you down. There was plenty of fun to do at HS before ROTR, and there still is.

Having said that, folks on these forums have had a pretty good track record so far in securing a BG. So hope for the best! I’ve tried three times, and managed to get one three times.

4 Likes

Thanks for that reassurance. Between the advice above, the knowledge that I can do some “practice runs” and knowing that people have had some regular success I’m feeling a lot better.

4 Likes

I too have never NOT gotten one, on multiple trips.
That said, I’m gonna be the odd one here and say that I like MFSR better than RoTR. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wait a second. I thought I was the odd one here. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Well… :rofl:

5 Likes

Ugh. I was going to make that point. I hate it when we agree.

My first trip to WDW was in August 2017. It was awesome. Maybe my best ever. Maybe. ROTR didn’t even exist then. Or TSL.

A friend of mine goes to WDW every month. She gets multiple ROTRs per visit.

Wrong.

4 Likes

My first adult trip to WDW, HS was called MGM. No TSL, no GE. It was still fun.

5 Likes

That double negative had me rereading that three times. Ha jk

1 Like

I understand your concern. I have been three times since and haven’t been on it yet.
First time was a few months after it opened and before all the helpful tips existed. Before there were two chances to snag one. I failed miserably. (Join Boarding Group button was greyed out.)

It kind of ruined my day. Mostly because everyone around me seemed to have been successful and they were screaming with glee, high five-ing, etc.
It was emotional.

The two trips after I didn’t even try to get one. I decided it’s not that important. Although, last November I intended to try, but slept in past 7:00 and completely forgot about the second chance. My next trip I am doing HS arrival day and that’s it. As long as I get to ride SDD, MMRR, ToT and TSM is fine by me. If FP doesn’t return, that’s probably all I will have time for anyway.
Don’t let it disappoint or stress like it did me. :blush:

2 Likes

No, you are not alone. We will be there last week of Jan and first of Feb. I wouldn’t say Anxiety exactly, but Worry that I try to talk myself out of. I also hope that there will more ride capacity and less interest by the time of our trips.

2 Likes

Same. Agreed.

Totally agree. I don’t think
It will ruin our day but securing a group sounds stressful.

1 Like

Obviously as message from June will be tough to remember come January, but if you do remember, you will have to update me on how it goes, as I will be there the second week of February.

1 Like

I still remember my first trip. It was still MGM at the time, Tower of Terror was the hot new attraction, joined by The Hunchback of Notre Dame festival and characters from the Goosebumps books.