Reviews of La Crêperie de Paris (and dress code?)

Saddened by my inability to get a Space 220 reservation today, I looked for other Epcot restaurants, and realized I could make a reservation for La Crêperie de Paris. We love crepes, so I booked it.

During the booking process, there was dress code language! I’m second guessing if I want to do this now, and was wondering if any Liners have any reviews of the restaurant. All the blog reviews I’ve found have been during the preview period or early in the restaurants opening.

Dress code language:
“Guests are asked to adhere to the suggested dress at this Signature Dining experience. Dressier attire is also welcome.

Men’s suggested dress is khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women’s suggested dress is Capri Pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, cut-offs, and d t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.”

I’m second guessing if I want to do this now. It’s

1 Like

Dress code is park attire.

Can’t speak to the rest.

2 Likes

If it is a signature restaurant, that language is on all of them. It would be the same as eating at HBD in HS.

And I mean, it’s freakin crepes. How is that signature? (Realizing they are calling it that)

9 Likes

I was essentially thinking the same thing. It shocks me this would be considered a “signature dining” experience. Frankly, I would expect a Creperie to be little more than counter service! (We have a creperie in Frankenmuth not far from us that is just that…basically a counter service place.)

Now, I do see that there is a quick service window, so it is both. But the Disney website calls the sit-down place “casual dining”.

That was my thought!!! Also, this is a photo of the interior I found which is further making me question whether or not I want to deal with dress code hassle:

1 Like

The reviews of the food aren’t great. But park attire should be fine for an in-park signature. Though I don’t think it is one.

3 Likes

That setup is like any chain restaurant. Not signature by any means

2 Likes

Where did you find this language? I can’t find anything saying so on the Disney page for the restaurant.

When I made the reservation it was in the terms and conditions looking box. It is also in the email confirmation.

1 Like

I went there in October as a walk-in. I was just wearing my standard t-shirt and shorts. I was disappointed by the food. I have had better crepes in actual France.

No aspect of the experience is signature.

5 Likes

That is hilarious if they are trying to pass this off as signature bc it’s anything but. It’s like a Panera bread in there except they bring the food to your table.

Also it is not good at all. It is most definitely not a comparison to Space220 so please eat anywhere else in WS for a nice sit down meal. LeCellier and San Angel Inn are my top 2 picks. Speaking of pics, here are mine from September.

5 Likes

Ignore the dress code- trust us. The only time I have ever heard of anything being said was that CG will sometimes ask men to take their hats off.

7 Likes

Can confirm :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Let us apply (imprecisely) the razor of William of Ockham and suppose that it was a simple mistake that this venue was tagged as signature, and that the dress code is signature boilerplate thus misapplied…

4 Likes

I blame the French. :wink:

3 Likes

So… a French restaurant with mediocre food and an overinflated opinion of their establishment.

Wow. Disney really delivers an authentic experience.

12 Likes

Seriously? Wow. I’ve eaten there and would not call it signature at all. I’m pretty sure we were wearing t-shirts and shorts.

I wasn’t super impressed with our meal. The drinks were the best part. But this was shortly after they opened. I might try it again in the future.

2 Likes

I will have to try this place.
Or conceal it’s existence from DW.

3 Likes

DD and I ate there mid-December. Definitely not dressy, park attire across the board. We waited about 20 minutes for the table, with the ADR. We made the mistake of doing the prix fixe option. It took 2 hours for the meal. 2 HOURS! That’s nuts for a salad and couple of crepes. We waited 45 minutes just for the dessert crepe. Ended up taking a huge chunk of our park time in the evening which we hadn’t expected.

8 Likes