Returning to the Magic - A trip report

To top it all off there’s a major storm coming through New England tonight and into tomorrow morning. Normally I wouldn’t worry about something like that, but given how JetBlue has been lately, :man_facepalming:.

3 Likes

Tough call. Either way, I really hope your son is feeling better really soon.

4 Likes

What time is your flight?

1 Like

9am

1 Like

So I would get on flightaware.com and see where your plane would be coming from. I don’t think the weather will be severe enough to stop you getting out, provided your plane and its crew is there.

3 Likes

Well, that’s it, we’re calling it. DS11 tested positive for flu, and DS4 is starting to feel under the weather. It sucks, but it is what it is. The fact that I have backup plans makes it feel a bit less awful. And if we go when I’m thinking we’re going to go, our ADR date is in a couple of days :rofl:.

Now just the logistics of unpacking, calling Disney and waiting on hold for 3 hours, rescheduling JetBlue, ugh. Thanks everyone here for all of your support, this community means a lot. We’ll still have our Disney fun and return to our happy place, just a little later than we anticipated (And with a bit more heat humidity and thunderstorms). You’re all the best, and time to resume a new countdown.

@OBNurseNH - hopefully we’ll get to bump into each other on a future trip.

25 Likes

I’m so sad for you, just that you got so close. I think other parents have some idea of how this has felt for your family. I’m also very happy that you have the trip to look forward to a little later on.

3 Likes

Really sorry to hear it. I hope everyone feels better soon. :heart:
Happy thought: Sometimes the anticipation is the best part!

5 Likes

So sorry for your plans getting wrecked. I know all too well how devastating this feels right before you were going to leave. Good idea to already have a backup in place so you can immediately pivot to planning for the new dates. Hope everyone feels better soon.

9 Likes

:sob:

You’re managing an amazing attitude.

I hope everyone is well soon, and I am looking forward to your June report. Many hugs.

PS Thanks for doing the right thing, too. I’m sure a lot of people would push through

11 Likes

I’m really sorry this happened. Hope your kiddos are on the mend soon. Glad you thought to start your back up plans when this all started.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. Glad you have a backup plan.

2 Likes

Oh noo! I’m so sorry—trading a Disney trip for sick kids is basically the worst deal available. Good news is you have plenty of pros to look forward to in June.

3 Likes

I will admit I’ve been on an emotional roller coaster the past few days - experiencing everything to from anger to maybe we can just push through to the depression that we got this close.

But at the end of the day, if we tried to push through our kids would be miserable, and that’s not what we want out of this trip. And I’m lucky enough that my job is extremely flexible and my company values health and time off.

So yes, it’s extremely disappointing, but time to look forward.

21 Likes

Good decision Mike.
Tough one but glad to hear you’ve already got things rolling towards your next trip.

3 Likes

Unrelated: I have just noticed an update to your profile :laughing:

23 Likes

I put that in a while ago! I was wondering when someone would see it! :wink:

14 Likes

I am so sorry! This is definitely not the vacation week you have planned! I hope everyone feels better soon!

1 Like

I’m sorry!

1 Like

I’m so sorry, but the pros list for going later are definitely some nice things to look forward to. And thank you for not sharing your germs with everyone at the parks.

1 Like