Returning to the Magic - A trip report

I’m sitting here on my last day of work before vacation, and since I’ll be busy packing, celebrating Easter, etc., over the next few days, I figured I’d post this a little early. We leave in 5 days, and you can feel the excitement in our home. So without further delay:

Background: Although DW and I had gone to WDW many times pre-kids, we took our kids the first time in 2018 and then again in 2019. Given how much fun we had, I never would have suspected that it would be another three years before we’d return. Our plan was maybe to take a year off (for various reasons) and return again, probably in 2021. But even in early 2020 we were starting to think about a short trip that year. Then we all know what happend in March.

I don’t remember when it was, exactly, but as soon as 2021 reservations were released, we made them for April of 2021. We figured it was something to look forward to, and there was no way the pandemic would last that long. When vaccines looked like they wouldn’t be available yet, we postponed the trip. Then postponed again. And again. Through Delta, Omicron, etc., we finally settled on April 2022, right after Easter. Even as late as February we weren’t sure if we were going to go, as there was (still is) no vaccine available yet for DS4. But once cases started going down from Omicron, coupled with the fact that schools in our state stopped requiring masks, we decided that we had waited long enough, that we really needed this vacation and to return to our happy place, and that we really want our kids to start experiencing life again.

So here we are, off to Disney!

When: We leave on Tuesday, April 19, and are there through April 26. This will be my longest trip since I was 14.

Who: Myself, DW, DS11, and DS4.

Where: Beach Club Resort

What: We’ll be staying at the BC resort - we love the resort, and we typically spend a lot of time in Epcot, so this is perfect for us. We’ll be making extensive use of Genie+ and some ILL, as we added G+ to our ticket back in November.

This won’t be a pure live trip report - I want to focus on my family during this trip - but I will try to post when I can while on the trip, offer observations, photos, etc, so I fulfill my liner duty, and will add my recap/observations after the trip.

So relax, sit back, and enjoy!

38 Likes

I respect this! Enjoy!!!

5 Likes

Enjoy the Magic!

3 Likes

I am so excited for your trip!!!

And I sure hope we are able to meet up for a even a quick hello. Maybe I’ll even make it in to your blog, Mickey :slight_smile:

12 Likes

We’ll overlap by a couple of days (we arrive the evening of the 24th, first park day will be the 25th)! Hope you have a great time!

3 Likes

It’s YOU then!

There was someone in the countdown thread who only posted once or twice about their trip dates and I knew they overlapped with mine but couldn’t find the post(s).

I’ll add you to my radar! I’m arriving 4/23, departing 5/1 OKW and AKL-K

12 Likes

Lol, yes–countdowns are not my thing apparently. My 6yo gets out of bed almost every night because we forgot to change the one we have at home too :sweat_smile:

We’ll be gone from our house your same dates, but we’re pulling our camper to Fort Wilderness from Texas, so we’ve got a couple days of driving on each end. MK, HS, EP, AK, MK is our APR order M-F.

2 Likes

I am so looking forward to following along. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

1 Like

Let’s try to make that happen!

4 Likes

You’re on my TP

3 Likes

You’re going to be awfully disappointed when you meet me and realize I’m not some blogger with a huge audience…

8 Likes

So modest…

6 Likes

And now I get to go on EE! I had resigned myself to not being able to!

9 Likes

A medium audience is fine, everyone has to start somewhere.

4 Likes

I’m excited to follow along! Enjoy your trip. We love Beach Club as well!

3 Likes

So exciting!!!
Have a fabulous trip. Now back to work…!! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Work? What’s that?

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

A triviality! Forget about it until the end of the month :+1:t2::rofl:

3 Likes

And… Officially shut my laptop down. I’m on vacation!

Now to start packing…

20 Likes