Return to the Magic Trip Report

I hope there was a kiss! You were given a magical gift and you refuse it by evicting it from the tub!

4 Likes

Haha— wow! What a way to start your day…

1 Like

OK, ok day today, hanging out swimming for the most part. No parks. Hitting up HS tomorrow.

A couple overall thoughts from day 1 at MK.

The parks are very clean and atmosphere is very relaxed. Longest wait was space mountain around 11 and it was 25 min. First hour was great. A lot of the rides were walk on. Kinda felt like having FPP all day long.

Castle grows on you, but for me the blue is too dark. The castle area is wide open most of the day, but at the end of the day it was great to get some photos.

Guest compliance was good on the masks. Noticed a few families picking their spots to drop them below their nose in lines, but overall people played by the rules. Social distancing awareness was great. Hand sanitizers are everywhere, but no enforcement around if you use them or not. Most were good about it, but that was the most relaxed area in the new codes in my opinion. After a while, leaves a stick on your hands, good to go used some soap and water every couple hours.

Boat to and from Ft. Wilderness is 1 boat… Our waits were not terrible, but they could be. Little nervous about that, but it worked out.

Overall, great day and I didn’t encounter a single thing that made me think twice about my decision to go.

16 Likes

Oh, forgot about the food. Plaza exceeded my expectations. I would definitely eat here again. Nothing fancy, but good sandwiches and the kids were able to get ice cream as a Side… Safe to say they were happy.

Pesco Bill’s was disappointing. Had good meals here in the past, but it just wasn’t good this time. Won’t rush back to this one.

7 Likes

How is the pool and other amenities at the cabins?

Pool is a little smaller than the other moderates we have stayed, but it was a decent set up and better than what I saw in pictures.

Food is severely lacking here and making us scramble a little, may go door dash for dinner due to it.

They also have horse back riding, but all riders have to be 9 so we can’t do it. On waiting list for archery experience, heard good things about this.

Haven’t checked out main shop yet. Some of the places like playgrounds are still closed.

11 Likes

Love hearing about your trip! The castle is just one more thing that is going to make my eyes roll when I think of 2020!

Looks like y’all are having a well deserved good time. Please report back as to how the transportation is to other parks and Disney springs. It’s unfortunate they only have one bus to Magic kingdom. Was there plenty of available seating on it? We are coming down in two weeks and are going to be leaving our vehicle at home and bringing our golf cart instead. We have stayed at FW many times in the past and transportation has been fine but last year it was horrible. Waited for an hour for a bus to Disney springs and 45 minutes for a bus to Hollywood studios. After that I paid for an Uber everywhere vs waiting on the buses. I look forward to following along for the remainder of your trip.

2 Likes

Loving your trip report. We’ll be there next week and I’m so glad to hear that you feel safe and are having a great time.

1 Like

Alright, off to HS’s today. Will update my timeline as I can.

To the bus stop at 830, Noone else there yet. Within 20 min it was packed. We were first on the bus with no worries, so worth the 30 wait to take the anxiety out of it.

On our way by 903!

9 Likes

Are you trying for a BG for Rise? Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Yes we are.

OK, super easy so far. Off bus at 915. Through temp check, security and tickets and in line for MMRR by 925.

Waiting for ride and boarding group at this time.

9 Likes

19 Likes

Man. What a start! MMRR ran early. We moved constantly through ride and got on right at 10. We were on deck when boarding groups opened adn snagged group 9. In line for MFSR now and off to rise.

Tips: get a second counter on your phone and know how long your ride takes to load. Open it up and get it rolling.

15 Likes

So obviously you had no trouble getting a group inside MMRR. Were you on Disney WiFi?

No, stayed on 4g

1 Like

MFSR was great… But ROTR is down… So will need to come back later I guess

Why am I not surprised?

2 Likes

Yeah… Day was going way too smooth.

Actually the ride outages today seem bad. 90 min in and MMRR, ROTR, and SDD all have been down at some point. SDD has not ran yet…

1 Like

Did you like MMRR?