Return to the Magic Trip Report

Yeah, it was a cool family ride. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Very Disney!

4 Likes

In line for Rise at 115.

Ate at Docking Bay 7 for lunch, very good food and atmosphere.

Pretty excited about Rise right now. On the other side, SDD still down. Hope it comes up at some point today…

10 Likes

Interested in your observations about guests adhering to or ignoring all of the safety precautions? Seeing any cause for concern?

1 Like

To be honest, very little noncompliance. If you are watching and anticipating with the intent to steer clear, you’ll be fine. Mask compliance is excellent overall and cm’s do remind if they see anything. Only one that is more optional that required is the use of the hand sanitizer. It is there on and off but nothing forcing you to use it.

Very clean overall.

8 Likes

Rise is… Awesome! Just an amazing experience. SDD us back up and we were able to ride pretty quickly after reopen.

10 Likes

Alright, have to say, been over cast and rainy most of afternoon and it has been great! Some relief from the heat and sun for sure. Been able to take our time, experience GE and TSL for the first time and enjoy it. Hit all of the rides after starting with MMRR.

Suprised son with Droid depot and he is the proud new owner of BB75. Fun experience. Little pricey, but it’s disney and he is on cloud 9 right now.

Hitting up Hollywood Blvd now. Really expected this to be an exhausting, anxious day… But it’s been anything but. Really enjoying the day.

22 Likes

Thanks. Looking fwd to this on our trip.

Thanks for the great updates! Glad you are enjoying your trip so far!

1 Like

17 Likes

I can almost taste that blue milk! :yum:

1 Like

I will say, I was surprised after some of the reviews. I liked it, it was pretty refreshing. Only my DD didn’t care for it, the rest of us liked it.

1 Like

Great pics!

1 Like

I hope y’all have another great day today!

1 Like

Great pictures! Glad you’re having a good time! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Quick wrap up from yesterday.

Transportation from the FT. And arrival at HS was a breeze! Busses ran an hour prior. We got there eay to take the stress away, it was worth it.

Mornings at HS are more crowded, but not dangerously so IMO. You can still keep your distance. MMRR was running early. We were in line around 930 and really never stopped moving for more than a minute or so. You can snag a boarding pass from within the building, I did so on a network, not sure about wifi.

Galaxy’s Edge is really cool. Disney did a great job here. I would have still preferred a planet I knew, but well done regardless of my preference. Rise is amazing, nuff said.

Quite a few large rides were down at some point, but we still were able to easily do everything we wanted. We did quite a few things multiple times.

Food: good food day for us. Ate at Docking Bay 7 and Mama Melrose, both were good. Nice to end the day with a nice glass of wine and some Italian food.

Droid Depoit: fun little experience. This was one of the things I did not reschedule due to the uncertainty around us getting everything in… Walked up in the middle of the day and was able to do with no wait. DS had a blast doing it and BB 7-5 seems to be a hit.

Another great day and this is the one we were a little worried about.

Taking it easy this morning. Have another Prime order coming and working on getting horse back riding set up for later this week for DD and Dw.

Heading to Epcot later in the day.

19 Likes

Part of why I’m excited to see Batuu for the first time is because I feel like I know it.
Though it doesn’t help you now so much, I still think the new Thrawn trilogy is well worth a read, and not just because the second book takes place in Batuu. It should be noted that timeline-wise, the book takes place well before Galaxy’s Edge. The book is during Darth Vader’s time and GE is, obviously, Rey’s time.

There is another thread where some people have expressed concern about the plexiglass barriers in the standby lines limiting fresh air flow, thereby actually making the air quality worse for virus transmission. Scary. Have you found in the standby lines with barriers that fresh air flow is very restricted? Have they somehow found a way to ensure circulation of fresh air in the standby lines? Sorry to keep nagging you!

Not nagging at all, this is why I am doing this, glad to give some first hand reports.

So my opinion on this… BS! People who are looking for something g to complain about. They are only 8 ft or so high (possibly not that high). Also, I have not been around these for that long on any ride.

Non issue for me and to be honest, I do t see why they would take them down even after this. Keep the snake back lines from impacting those beside them. I feel my kids are less distracted as well and not climbing all around.

11 Likes

Sorry for the light report day. Did Epcot. Had to outlast an afternoon of storms, but got done what we wanted. Test Track was a disappointment for us. First time we had done it and you can’t do the design portion… I get it, but was not very memorable due to it.

World showcase was better for the kids than espected. They really enjoyed the food around the world. Was a fun afternoon. Ate at the table service Mexican restaurant, forget the name. It was good, great view of the lake.

Up early and heading to AK this morning!

12 Likes

Most of the fun of TT is in the design, that would be disappointing. The outside restaurant is La Hacienda. Glad you enjoyed it!

2 Likes