Refrigerators in Resort Rooms

I had no idea it wasn’t a real fridge.
I thought every motel in America had a fridge and microwave.
I’m staying in All Star Movies next week and counted on a fridge and microwave. Off to investigate!

1 Like

Chatted with Jude.
Beverage cooler and no microwave. I forgot to ask about coffee maker.
I am bringing a toaster from home. I can probably bring whatever else I need… well - not a fridge. But I have an extra microwave…

1 Like

Family suites at ASMusic have microwaves, but all other values do not. There are some available in the food court though.

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Do you know about coffee makers?

1 Like

Yeah they have those flat pack vs pod coffee makers.

Of course they do.
Guess I’ll pack my keurig too.

2 Likes

I’m late to this convo, but does anyone else but me like their beverages colder than anything else in the fridge? Like, barely not frozen?

12 Likes

Me!
I like my hot food very hot and my cold food very cold. I’d rather stay thirsty than drink a not-very-cold soda.

Now - I can FINISH said soda as it warms up. But I can’t start it unless it’s extremely cold.

5 Likes

Yes! The whole concept of a beverage cooler being warmer than a fridge makes zero sense to me.

6 Likes

Nope, my fridge is set at 37F, per recommended settings. I hate finding ice crystals in my pop when the fridge has drifted colder than that.

2 Likes

Same!

1 Like

I don’t mind ice crystals (I kind of like them), but if they are forming, wouldn’t that indicate it’s cold even for a fridge?

5 Likes

Yes, which is why when I find them, I go check the settings on my fridge. You’d said, “barely not frozen,” which I thought described my ice crystal situation. To me, that’s not fun.

1 Like

Most definitely. This is why we try to segregate food only to our main fridge and all drinks (other than maybe a container of milk/OJ) to our rec room kitchenette fridge and set that colder, just above freezing. Soda and beer is so much more refreshing when that first gulp is frigid like it was just pulled out of a snow bank.

5 Likes

Makes sense! Sorry to be confusing, I’m kind of talking out both sides of my mouth. I like my beverages barely above freezing (ice and even slush is good), but i wouldn’t normally expect that in a refrigerator. I would expect that if I put it in the freezer for a while. But a “beverage cooler” should be at least as cold as a refrigerator. I still wouldn’t expect it to cause ice or slush, even though I’d like it. :yum:

4 Likes

Apologies if this has been discussed above somewhere, but do we know which DVC studios have converted to a beverage cooler? I have only seen refrigerators in the studios I’ve stayed in (other than Grand Cal). We have a Poly/OKW DVC split stay coming up and definitely planned on ordering in a few groceries.

1 Like

The Poly still has fridges.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they changed any to beverage coolers. I don’t remember having anything other than a true mini fridge at any I’ve stayed in.

2 Likes

Nope. Outside of WDW the fancier the hotel, the less likely it has a fridge or free wi-fi.

1 Like