Refrigerators in Resort Rooms

It’s not a motel! It’s a resort, don’t you know! You’re not supposed to cook in the rooms but I think people do.

4 Likes

I’m not fancy. And neither is All Star Sports. :wink:

When we do stay in motels/hotels we always have coffee maker, fridge, microwave, and, yes, WiFi.

In the last year I’ve stayed in Holiday Inn Express(es), Best Western(s), and a Days Inn. Not fancy. But not bad.

2 Likes

Admittedly, I’ve not stayed at too many “resorts” in my life. But I’m pretty sure that the ASMu room share little in common with actual resort rooms. :woman_shrugging:t2::wink:

I’m bringing my toaster and my Keurig. I just need to keep cream cheese in the beverage cooler so if I have to pack I’ve all around it , I will. I will bring ziplocks and Tupperware.

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

Had one last September in SSR

2 Likes

Was at All :star2: last month, we were road-tripping down so I packed a decent coooler bag and grabbed dry ice @ our local Publix

2 Likes

Stayed there two weeks ago and they were the glass front fridges. We had three rooms and no one had a problem with keeping milk/yogurt/water cool. They are shallow and it can take some creative arranging to fit everything in if you have a lot!

3 Likes

Welcome!
Where exactly is “there”? Various resorts have been mentioned, and I want to make sure there’s no confusions. Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry! We stayed at the Caribbean. Loved the location and convenience of the Skyliner.

3 Likes

Glad I saw this thread! We are staying at POP in August and I had no idea that it was not a real fridge. We need to have some healthy food in our rooms to keep medical conditions under control while eating more crap than normal at the parks, lol. How have people fared with yogurt, fruit, almond milk?

Microwaves are also starting to disappear too.

That is very true about the fancier the hotel, the less equipment comes in a room. Back when I used to travel for work, that worked my employer since I’d often reserve a cheaper hotel for that reason. Candlewood was the cat’s meow.

We just stayed at POFQ, the “cooler” in our room was pathetic. If, like me, you enjoy COLD soda - make sure you pack a collapsible cooler- thank God we did.

1 Like

CSR has glass fronted cooler not fridge (sticker on the front with 41F too). Microwave because we requested one. A keurig too.

No kettle but the keurig will boil water with no pod of course.

Air con is motion controlled but I know the hack to disable that so our room is nice and frosty all night.

We simply filled a zip lock ice bag and crammed it in to cool it further, empty the water as necessary. That worked.

1 Like

FWIW I remember staying at POR in 2003. No fridges, but Disney would rent you one for about $20/day. The old school dorm-style cube fridge.

Since we drove, I swung by Sam’s Club and bought a taller fridge for about $80 and brought it with us.

Bell services didn’t give it a 2nd look. Used it for a week and sold it to my dad for $40 for his basement!

Ahh…good times!

4 Likes

In 2004 AKL didn’t have a fridge in the room either… as soon as we heard there was a hurricane definitely coming we requested one, and got one of the few that had left by then. We were able to stock up on some milk, fruit, an some other food in case we were stuck awhile.

Turned out we needn’t have worried… they actually had a lot of CMs ride out the storm there, and all services except the QS (because you have to walk outside to get there) plus some extra animal education, activities, and even characters were available through the storm.

5 Likes