Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

A lot of people walk the 5k. And it is an awesome race!

4 Likes

I would love to see a category.

3 Likes

Here they are!

11 Likes

I saw a guy in a legit Gaston outfit. What struck me the most was his boots. How do you run a marathon in boots?!?!

3 Likes

Were they actually boots or shoe covers that look like boots??

1 Like

I saw a guy dressed in a legitimate Jack Sparrow costume during the half. He was even running like Jack Sparrow! He passed me up and left me wondering if he would run that way the entire way.

4 Likes

The Jack Sparrow ran the Dopey. He kept up his mannerisns for all of the races and stayed in character whenever anyone engaged with him.

It looked like he was running out of energy in the full when I passed him on the way into animal kingdom.

5 Likes

I was trying to get a close look but no one runs as fast as Gaston!

They really did not look like coverings though. if they were coverings they were very well made and tightly fit his shoes. They were not loose or floppy looking like I’ve seen on other “Gastons” before.

5 Likes

Those are great! I’m always in awe of the creativity of people! And like others said above, how do you run in some of these costumes?!

3 Likes

I was listening to Daily Drive on Spotify this morning and one of the news stories was talking about the ‘mask nerd’. Anyway, he’s a mechanical engineer with a background in aerosol science and has just been nonstop testing masks (masknerd on Twitter). He said the ‘duckbill shape’ N95 is the best shape out there…and ‘you could probably run a marathon in that thing’. Which made me curious, did you guys seen anyone out there running the races masked up?

1 Like

I wear the duckbill, as you may have noticed in my pics. This is the N95 for which I was fit tested and wear at work.

I did not notice anyone running the whole time in a mask. Though the duckbill is more comfortable than others by comparison I cannot imagine exerting myself in it.

1 Like

I wore my mask in the corrals. I kept my mask slid under my chin when there was a good separation between me and other runners. Whenever I entered a crowd of runners or we arrived at a pinch point on the course, my mask would go up.

As for keeping it on the whole time, I did not have a mask that would allow me to keep it on. I was sucking in cloth every time I had it on while running.

3 Likes

I wanted to share that I just had a magical day because of runDisney. I signed up for a bunch of virtual runs starting with Wine and Dine 2021. But I was getting super bummed not having received my medals and shirts. I did all the training (which is amazing for me to be that consistent) and I really wanted the medals (mainly the shirts) that I worked for.

Well today I came home to the most fantastic runDisney box. I can kinda see why it took so long to get out. Everything was packaged with so much care. Can’t wait to get my marathon and Princess weekend boxes!

Very nice quality box, the inside of ribbons are the only distinguishing feature between the regular runDisney race medals and virtual. It says virtual on inside of ribbon (with different characters). Disney done good on this.

:sunglasses:

Edit to add: only problem now is I lost a bunch of weight during training (20 ponds and now the shirts are big- buys that’s a nice problem to have)

11 Likes

Those are really fantastic!! Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks. It really did motivate to get back to running. And this box just gave me some extra motivation to get training for Tower of Terror 10 miler (in person) race in April.

4 Likes

I love the W&D virtual box. I need one of those. :heart_eyes:

Continuing the Jack Sparrow on the course during Marathon weekend…

Here is his Instagram account. @joggingjacksparrow

3 Likes

Well I’m glad to know they were just spats over his running shoes…and he wasn’t running in boots. I couldn’t imagine running in any of this though!

3 Likes

Oh this is really amazing.

Alright, I’m going to sign up for the virtual 10k in April and if I make it I’ll reward myself with the wine and dine in person.

This is how it starts. And I’ve got to say, my yoga class felt extra good this morning after running yesterday.

10 Likes

I just created this mug on Shutterfly and got it free with the offer code below

Click on the picture of the mug once you get to the page and you can spin it around to see all the angles

Code: VTKT-7P9F-B8VH-7GJ8TY

It’s possible the code is a unique to me code so you might want to try it before you work too hard at creating your mug. Even if you don’t get the discount 8.50 isn’t bad for a personalized item!

8 Likes

That’sa fantastic idea!

2 Likes