Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

I thought so! I saw something similar mentioned during training and tucked it away in my personal brane for safe keeping. Just today I was texted a coupon code for a free mug. And voila!

2 Likes

What a great idea!

2 Likes

That is awesome!

1 Like

I like having one main RunDisney thread and then maybe different breakout threads for various races. But I’m happy with anything.

The Princess Half is next!

I’m in for a liner meet/run next year too! Probably a half though. I don’t think a full is quite for me. (But man early January is a hard time of year. I did tell my family this year I’m canceling Christmas next year so maybe that will help my stress level. :wink:)

1 Like

I think you mean category as there’s no way to break a thread out into sub threads. But there is within a category.

Len is usually more responsive than this - I hope he’s okay! @NoBellePrizeWinner have you heard from him on this?

1 Like

No I have not. I also emailed him. I’m assuming he’s just really busy.

1 Like

I had actually asked him about this a few months ago. Also offered to write something for their blog about rundisney. He put me in touch with Julia who is no longer with TP. None of that materialized though as they downsized their social media team and I got swept up in my st Jude fundraiser

3 Likes

I agree on it being a tough time of year to train. I would love to do the full but will need to be well organized for Xmas to make sure to get my runs in. I could fudge a little of my plan and still be fine with the half.

1 Like

Sure, I didn’t necessarily mean the race specific threads should be UNDER this thread. Just that I like having both. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I spend a lot more time in chat so I’m sure I don’t use the correct forum terminology.

2 Likes

Totally fine :smiley:

Yoga and running are perfect compliments to each other!

3 Likes

Indeed they are!

1 Like

So my work just started using an app to track fitness and encourage each to get healthy.
My coworker set a challenge to see who can do the most steps this weekend….little do they know I’m doing my 10K and Half marathon virtual runs for Marathon weekend Sat and Sun (missed it last weekend due to ice on roads).
I am going to crush them! See runDisney paying dividends at work too :grinning:

10 Likes

Three days in and I’m very pleased with it :rofl:

3 Likes

Just wanted to share this. I often run this 4 mile course around my neighborhood. The last time I ran it this fast was 2 years ago in December 2020! Progress! My goal is to break 5hrs next marathon.

11 Likes

I’ve been contemplating the same goal! I’ve been thinking about trying to break a 2 hour half and a 5 hour full.

3 Likes

Same here

2 Likes

Keep it up!! Before I found yoga, I always dealt with some sort of injury during my race training. Since starting a regular yoga practice, I haven’t had those issues. I just finished my first full without injury!

4 Likes

I just listened to Ali on the Run podcast with Brittany Charboneau who won Dopey! It is so cool to hear her race story!

I would link the episode but I don’t know how. It is, however, the latest episode on the Ali on the Run podcast if anyone wants to look for it.

4 Likes

Oh nice! I’ve done yoga 3-7 times a week for almost a decade, and I’ve been at 5-7 pretty consistently for the last couple of years. I’m going to keep going daily until I’m running longer and even then I may just switch to a yin or hatha rather than a vinyasa, which is my favorite.

2 Likes