Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

I registered for the Wine & Dine half yesterday and am so excited to get back to Disney to run! However, it has been quite awhile since I’ve done a Disney race.
I’m sure they’re going to take this opportunity to make some changes…but can anyone tell me which resorts usually get the race transportation?
Anything else I need to keep in mind while planning this trip?
Who else is running? I’m so excited (not about the 5AM part, I wish this was still a nighttime race)!!

5 Likes

All of them

Not W&D but I am aiming for a marathon bib for January!!!

5 Likes

That’s good news! I had a vague recollection that not all of them did when I ran it in 2013…but I could easily be misremembering. Fingers crossed for your marathon bib!

1 Like

I haven’t decided about marathon weekend, but I’m hoping to run the new Spring Surprise the first weekend of April 2022. Though I wish April was still the Start Wars race weekend – I never got to run that one…

7 Likes

It is likely that Swan and Dolphin will not get race transportation going forward. (They did in the past). This shouldn’t be a surprise as they lost the regular Disney buses already.

3 Likes

I wanted to do the Star Wars race as well and am bummed to miss out on that. What is the Spring Surprise?

runDisney announced 4 race weekend events, wine and dine, marathon, princess, and spring surprise

so don’t know yet! but i’m guessing a half, a 10k, a 5k , and a Challenge of some sort

1 Like

I totally missed that 4th event announcement. Sometimes, when I get excited about a thing I forget to pay attention to anything else. :smile:

2 Likes

The graphic on the runDisney website has a picture of Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest…they did mention race distances for Springtime Surprise would be released later, would be awesome if Tower of Terror 10 miler or the Expedition Everest Scavenger hunt (think that was a 5k) came back - never got to do them.

3 Likes

I wish I was a runner. It seems like such a cool club to be part of, esp at Disney. Not cool enough to actually run, but pretty cool.

6 Likes

I will not being doing W&D. The Canadian border restrictions are still in place and I do not want to risk it.

I am planning on Dopey in January. Hopefully I get a bib and the border opens!

3 Likes

And yet, when I asked the CM if there would be Disney buses for my (now cancelled) stays at The Swan this October, January 2022, April 2022, I was assured that there would be Disney buses from the Swan as well as early entry and booking of ADRs at 60+10. Now this was booking through Disney, so maybe the ADRs would have happened, but seems like the benefits of staying at Swan/Dolphin are questionable.

1 Like

I’m doing the 2 course challenge. I had hoped to do it with St Jude like I did for the last one in 2019, but they are not participating with RunDisney this year. So I was on my own to register yesterday. I was really anxious that I wouldn’t get in because I bought into the hype. It’s still available even today though, haha. Good luck in your training. If you have any questions let me know. My 2019 trip and race reports are on here somewhere.

5 Likes

Have you heard about Jeff Galloways run-walk-run method? You might give it a try

2 Likes

See you there friend

2 Likes

I wish I liked to run… so I could do the cool Disney races.

I used to have to run as part of an athletic program I was in as a young adult and it was my least favorite part of the program. The Disney races look like so much fun, except for that running part! :yum:

2 Likes

The bling and atmosphere are the biggest draw for me. You should reconsider!

Absolutely!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t think I could stomach running even for Disney bling.

1 Like

Thanks, I haven’t heard of it. I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

I’ve done couch to 5k recently (completed in May) and I’m now running regularly! I still hate it though.

5 Likes