Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

I am only barely a runner…I’m at the back of the pack hoping to not get picked up by the slow people vans. I use the Jeff Galloway plan for RunDisney and love it. It really is magical to just look around as you get through the course (I am definitely too slow to stop for character photo ops)

5 Likes

I completely forgot about these two races…and never got to do them either. Fingers crossed it is those!

1 Like

I have to go back up thread and re-read but aren’t you doing a half?? That is far from barely a runner.

The thing about running is that no matter how far or fast (or not far or slow) you run – you’re a runner. We have a bad habit of cutting ourselves down this way. Please don’t. You are awesome. You’re passing everyone who is on the sidelines!

10 Likes

I would love to do these! Running in my favorite park without doing the crazy marathon distance I’m aiming for in January? Yes please

5 Likes

The Princess Half starts in the MK parking lot, goes through AK, and ends in Epcot. So that is a way to run through AK without having to do the full marathon.

Thought the full is the only race that goes through all 4 parks, so that’s a reason to do it.

Now I am talking myself into January after all…

5 Likes

Edited for accuracy :frowning:

6 Likes

hooray! The more the better! We will have to make at least one serious effort to get together for a meal or a drink or something more than a passing by visit with the whole gang of us!

3 Likes

except I just checked DVC availability and there is nothing for marathon weekend…

1 Like

priorities :slight_smile:

1 Like

They still take money at Disney last time I checked :smirk:

Even I, with my bajillion of shiny new points, am doing it on cash this go

2 Likes

but my excuse – I mean reason – to DH for my solo trips is “it doesn’t cost us anything”

2 Likes

As i said elsewhere, every decision I have made for the last 17 years is with my kids in focus.

And sometimes that really sucks.

Especially when it’s something that, were there no kids, would be a no-brainer.

Not that I wish them away, I’m sure you understand.

Motherhood…

4 Likes

The Wine and Dine half also goes through AK.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, but I have a trip to Disneyland planned in November :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I see how it is :frowning:

1 Like

Does it not go into MK as well?

It’s all for research. I am expanding my knowledge of Disney parks and resorts. I really have no desire to go on that trip at all :wink:

4 Likes

HA! Thanks for a good laugh.

ETA: All this “research” you’ve done this year has me thinking of becoming a TA. Hmmmm…

I’m trying to figure out how I can make it my full time gig. This healthcare thing is for the birds… It’s getting creepy around here and I’m thinking about a good exit strategy. So far I got nothin.

Anyone need a trip booked? :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you, you make an excellent point. I so often get caught up in enviously marveling at all the people stopping to pose for character photos and the like and still beating me across that finish line that I forget that my 13.1 miles counted too.
I also need to remind myself that in 2013 when I did it the Red Sox won the World Series…so I stopped training some time in October because I was at work ALL the time. I think we did the parade and I got on a plane a couple of days later to go run. This could potentially happen again this year. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes