Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

No, they didn’t

That was 2004, love. I know because my daughter was only just born.

And because anyone who calls themself a Sox fan remembers that night like it was yesterday. The glory. Damn was it a beautiful thing.

1 Like

Are you thinking of 2004? They’ve done '04, '07, '13, and '18.

haha! I read 2003

It was definitely 2004

Man, I gotta stop multitasking!

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Availability has been tough for a good part of January. I have been ironing out a birthday trip mid month. It was supposed to be a solo trip but i am going to see if I can talk DW into going, all i could get were 1 bed at 3 different resorts.

Anyone have an opinion for the “best” resort to stay at during Disney races if you are running?

for me, life is too short and there are far too many choices in exercise to feel this way. Does it have to be torture? I think I’d rather do handstands and hula hoop :wink:

this sounds amazing!

2 Likes
12 Likes

Is there a walk-walk-walk method? I could probably do that one! :joy:

10 Likes

You could certainly try but I’m betting the Balloon Ladies would get you

3 Likes

It is possible to walk the Disney races – the time allowed supports a brisk walking pace. Just barely, but many people walk the races

4 Likes

Totally me!!!

2 Likes

I’m not sure I want to know what these are …

2 Likes

They are the sweep line at the very back of the allowed pace for the course. Any runners/walkers who fall behind them get picked up by the sweep buses and are not allowed to continue on the race course.

4 Likes

Oh my reply didn’t post, that’s weird. I bet it’s on another thread :joy: I’ll try again.

I do pole fitness and used to do hula hoop so I definitely get wanting it to be fun! But what I do (grudgingly) like about running is it’s free and I can do it any time, any place.

3 Likes

They’re the people that are ‘chasing you’ at a Disney race. But, they’re nice about it…so I don’t recommend doing as @GreyingMouser’s post suggests :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll be sure to let Disney know they are slightly overcharging for their events

:joy::joy::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

3 Likes

Interesting. I was looking at the Wine and Dine to see what the pacing requirements are. They said a 16 minute mile for 10K and Half, but no mention for 5K. So they are not concerned about pacing on the 5K?

Now I’m curious what my walking pace is. I’ll have to time my laps at the park that I am pretty sure are a mile next time I go. Unfortunately, I’m off to see my Dad for a few days so won’t be able to do this experiment until next week. Not that I can do any of these events, but maybe someday!

3 Likes

I didn’t say events are free!!

1 Like

Are they changing the course? It usually starts in Epcot Parking lot and then runs to and through MK (right through the castle!) and then back to Epcot parking lot for the finish.

1 Like

And you don’t need expensive equipment. Although I guess this all applies to the hula too lol!

1 Like