Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Glad to have you here. I will also be running the W&D half!

1 Like

Have you received your after party ticket yet? I need to check the mail today, I heard they have been sent out.

So funny, I’ve been texting my friend about it the last hour or so. I checked my USPS informed delivery and something is coming today from Lake Buena Vista. I’m guessing party ticket.

1 Like

Hopefully that’s it! It’s getting so close. Now, we just need our corral placement :grinning:

I’m slightly stressed about the corral placement. I don’t have a 1/2 under 2 hours. I planned on submitting a 2:08 1/2, but they changed the rules on us! I’m going to run a 10k on 10/31 in hopes of getting a time that will equate to an under 2 hour half for Princess.

Hi, I’m late to the party! I’m running the W&D Half solo, room booked at POFQ. Also signed up for the Princess with my daughter. We ran together in 2020 for her first half. This will be my first solo trip, 11/4-9.

I ran 10 on Sunday and I’m trying to decide if I should run more during the next 2 weekends before the race or start tapering off.

Glad to be here.

6 Likes

Welcome to the thread @Kimluvsdisney and @tazzat !
I’m also scheduled to run the W&D half, though it is looking more and more like I may not get to make the trip. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:
The last time I ran it was at night and I’m going to miss the nighttime run! I just love Disney at night.
I’m scheduled to run 14 this Saturday as my last long run before I pull back, but I’m not sure if I’m going to get it in.

4 Likes

Impressive!!

I’ve got a good friend who is a labor and delivery nurse - I’ll have to ask her if she catches babies!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m going to run either 11 or 12 this weekend. I somehow got slightly behind. I have done 10 a few times, so I should be fine, I don’t think I’ll PR, but I’m just excited to be running at Disney again.

Was the last night race the one that was cut short? I ran it twice at night, the year it poured & then the year of the bad storm when they cut out half the race. I think that’s why I’m looking forward to a morning race :rofl:

1 Like

Welcome! I’m going solo for W&D too . . . after this group convinced me it was a good idea since I was planning on running 13 miles that weekend anyway. (Disney logic) I just booked it two weeks ago!

3 Likes

Hey stranger!!! Welcome to the thread!

How’s things?? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there and welcome to the thread!

Are you following a training plan? I think you would have one more week of long running before tapering IIRC.

1 Like

Don’t say that!!!

It’s not because of work is it?

1 Like

Hi! Things are great! I’m no longer your NH neighbor. We’ve been in South FL for almost 6 years. We’re about 3 hours from Disney. I’ve been running a lot, I have a fantastic running group in area. I’m so happy to get back to Disney races. I saw that you are running the full!!! That’s incredible.

1 Like

We keep winning. If we keep keep winning…I will not be able to get on the plane until after the parade. ( :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: we sweep the WS)

1 Like

I loosely follow the JG plan. I run 3miles twice a week straight through, then alternate 4/5 miles with a longer run every other weekend using 60/30 intervals. My schedule was all messed up, so the last 4 weekends I ran 7/8/9/10 progressively. I normally only go up to 10 before the half and kind of lost track of time!

1 Like

My first ever race was the 2011 W&D half, I loved the night race and really miss it!

1 Like

BTW - in case you missed it - they released our course map yesterday! https://guide.rundisney.events/wp-content/uploads/sites/48/2021/10/wd-half-course-map.png

4 Likes

I did have the smallest flicker of hope that we would get to run through Batuu. Alas, running across another planet will continue to be a dream.

1 Like

I knew that but for some reason thought you were in TN :slight_smile: Hope you are enjoying SoFL

I’m really, really excited!

1 Like

Oh man…

This is a tough one for me.

What is worst case scenario for end of WS? When is W&D?

I can’t not cheer for my boys in Boston! But I don’t want you to miss your race!

2 Likes