Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Oh no!!!

Gotta’ hate when that happens. Hope you get better soon!

Nooo!!! I’m so glad for cell phones.

Hope it feels better fast! Maybe do some strength training instead?

One of my very close friends lost her 13 year old son tragically 6 years ago. He loved running and ran on his track team at school. When my runs get tough, I’ll play “Eye of the Tiger” because he loved singing that song (he sang really well!) and imagine he’s running with me or that I’m running for him and it helps give me that boost to not give up. :heart:

4 Likes

Sounds like good fuel to me :sunglasses:

Oh no!! You’re in TX, yes? Try Arrosti, if you haven’t before. Hope you are back at it soon!

Sounds fun!! I follow another liner on Instagram who captured your great cheering section! And catching a baby???

1 Like

Weekly update:

Monday: yoga
Tuesday: 30 minute - right at 2 miles
Wednesday: yoga
Thursday: not a thing
Friday: not a thing
Saturday: long run - 4 miles 15:40 pace
Sunday: not a thing

Boy, what a difference a run under 90 degrees makes! It was in the 60s on Saturday and I shaved 2 minutes a mile off my last 4 mile run!

4 Likes

Hello fellow runDisney-ers’.

My weekly update for Oct. 11-17:

• 3 walks for 8.97 miles and 2:15:53
  • 5 runs for 25.60 miles and 5:10:27

On my Friday run something went wonky with my HR. Not sure if it is fatigue related or not, but I could not keep my running going without having my HR jump over the 130 limit. I ended up walking more than running on this day. Expect the unexpected when training.

Sunday was my first run over 60 minutes in almost two months. I was a little apprehensive, but it worked out fine. I ended up going for 9.05 miles in 1:50:03.

4 Likes

Glad you were a good patient, frustrating as that must be.

3 Likes

Didn’t reply sooner because I hate typing on my phone and I was visiting with folks.

In my last job, I was an OBNurse for 16 years (hence my username). I have shared with (anyone who will listen) that my favorite assignment on any given shift was to “catch babies” - this is the nurse responsible for the initial stabilization of the baby at birth. It was my very favorite role to play.

The friends with whom I was visiting this weekend have long called me BabyCatcher :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: They tossed a doll baby at me when they were cheering me on at mile 9 — and I did not drop it! :smiley: Years of practice :wink:

7 Likes

Friends, today I was sore after my 17miles yesterday! Even following my post-long-run regimen, everything started hurting as the evening wore on and I was legit hurting when I got up this morning. Moving around and stretching helped a ton, but I guess this is where we get comfortable with being uncomfortable (one of my many mantras).

I tried to chalk it up to being away from home, not following my two-days-before and one-day-before long run routines, and not sleeping well. But guess what? It turns out that will all be true at Disney too so that may have been my best practice run to date :slight_smile:

Also? Only 3 more long runs for those of us on Galloway, each spaced 3 weeks apart with short-long-runs in the two weeks between! I saw that tonight when looking at my plan and checking off my long run from the weekend and my stomach did an excited flip-flop!

4 Likes

Great mantra!

Yes, as the long runs get larger, the added stress does punish the body. Hope you recover quickly.

Yikes… Time marches on. We are getting close!

1 Like

We are! I’m so excited!!

1 Like

Great job! I bet it felt good to stretch your legs again. Sorry the HR wasn’t cooperating on the Friday run.

2 Likes

What a great way to think of the soreness. Way to put things into perspective. I don’t remember, is this your first marathon? (I know you’ve done lots of races but I can’t remember if they were halves.)

1 Like

I’m not sure if the profile is public or not. But here is a link to the Instagram post that is referenced above.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVIpoKWLVXk/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Yes this is my first marathon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m so glad I found this thread. I’m running the Wine & Dine 1/2 & I can’t wait!!! I’m also registered for the Princess Challenge. Between my Disney races, I am running the Palm Beach 1/2 in December & Celebration 1/2 in January.

I haven’t run Wine & Dine since it was a night race. I’m actually happy to have it in the morning. Hoping for cooler temps. I live in South FL, so I train in the heat, but I love running in cool weather.

6 Likes