Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Sunrise is at 6:42, I wonder if a darkish Pandora will be possible? Motivation to run those first few miles faster?!

2 Likes

I got my after party ticket in the mail today :dancer:

I didn’t realize there were hard copy tickets. I feel like nothing is announced or I’m not on some type of list! I guess one has to just keep checking the website for corral assignments and such! I’m glad I check in on lines every so often or I would never find out anything.

I’m assuming there is no type of runner’s square area this round?

Party ticket arrived along with this totally ridiculous note. I actually LOL’d

1 Like

OMG the hungry horrors are AWFUL through this training!

I have awakened every morning for a month just STARVING and am fighting not to eat all the things. I have gained back a couple of pounds which is super annoying. But damn, this is just depleting me!

I am working on reaching only for healthier items, which is usually my go-to anyway, but the salty crunchy is so much more appealing recently.

3 Likes

Wow they are so cheap they couldn’t even give a ticket that reflects current state? Make that lousy statement that “there are new ways to experience” things now?

Just wow.

I can see why you LOL’d

1 Like

You are sweating a lot. If you are like me with a family history and personal biology of low blood pressure I’d say eat the salt but on nuts and whole grains. :wink: After my long runs I often have a trail of dried salt on my face.

I was able to slow it down and get thru my 45 min run yesterday alright. I’m just gonna take it easy pace wise for a while with a higher walk to run ratio than I desire. I also did some kind of test I read online and my calves are extremely tight (this is an effect of low heels I remember from when I first switched) so I’m gonna work super hard to stretch them better in hopes that’ll alleviate some stress on my ankles and knee ligaments/tendons.

3 Likes

Yeah I go heavy on the salt tabs for long runs because I am a salty sweater

I can relate. I gained 30 pounds during the pandemic, and even after getting back into a good running routine 6 months ago, my weight has been hanging on. But it FINALLY started tracking down a few weeks ago, and I think it correlated to my first long-long run (17-miler). I’ve noticed that I gain a few pounds after the long runs, but then it goes back to previous numbers, and now I’m actually about 5 pounds lower than I was a month ago.

Keep on doing what you’re doing. You’re doing great.

2 Likes

I think we swell after long runs hence the temp weight gain. It happens to me too.

2 Likes

Yes this is definitely true for me. I guess I should ignore what I saw on the scale today and re-weigh next week after a short long run and some diet mitigation.

1 Like

Thanks for being a cheerleader! It matters :slight_smile:

I’m trying to focus on the hard work my body is being called upon to do, not unlike when I carried my babies and I had to gain weight to do that safely. I know that I will get back to where I was after this is all done, because truly even though the long runs are long my overall weekly average mileage is significantly lower than what it was before training began.

1 Like

That is the worst! It happens to me when I up my mileage & also when I lift heavier weights. Do you drink protein shakes at all? I starting drinking the TB12 shakes & they do help. I drink them with water or occasionally some powdered PB. They sell it in Whole Foods now.

I don’t think there is any type of runner’s square for this race. I actually got an email from runDisney about a week ago with the ticket info & also they are sending us a gift card. The gift card will be an email. I think it’s $10 or $15. They aren’t the best with communication :rofl:

Interesting thought. I’ll have to think about that. Usually I have hated protein drinks though.

What is that anyway?

Sort of a vip area. They had a tent with private port a potties & breakfast. I never did it, but people seemed to enjoy it. I like walking around before the race, but the private port a potties always appealed to me!!

1 Like

It’s the first protein shake I have actually enjoyed & it hasn’t bothered my stomach. I figure if Tom drinks it, it has to be good!

I have an insatiable appetite these days as well. I wake up hungry, I am hungry all day long and can’t get enough at supper. I drink a lot of water to try and keep my stomach full and I am constantly having a mental battle to stay away from the junk food.

I found foam rolling is helping out a lot with calf tightness.

2 Likes

He does whatever Giselle tells him to LOL

2 Likes