Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Welcome! There’s a few of us Texans on here. My first run disney experience was in 2014 and it was not the best. But I didn’t know what I was in for and was in the very last corral. I learned a few things and ran my second run Disney event in 2019 and it was SO MUCH FUN! Hope your first time is a great experience!

2 Likes

Weekly update:
Monday = rest day
Tuesday = 8 miles
Wednesday = supposed to bike for 45 minutes but I got a massage instead (hey, it’s a form of active recovery, right?)
Thursday = 45 min tempo run
Friday = rest
Saturday = 75 min yoga
Today = 16 miles!

Today went MUCH better than last weeks attempt at 15, only to have my husband pick me up. I was feeling really great up until about mile 14 and then I started feeling tired and those last two miles felt like the longest miles ever! Thank goodness my son agreed to be my Sherpa and ride his bike along side and carried all my gear for me. He’s a good kid!

6 Likes

Way to go! How great to have a sherpa and some company!

2 Likes

Weekly check-in

Sunday: couch potato. Didn’t even yoga. Bad Jenni
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: covid19 booster, 30 min run
Wednesday: uh… I had plans for yoga but a friend needed kidnapped and drinks so that’s what I did :slight_smile:
Thursday: oh shit. side effects.
Friday: yeah, still side effects
Saturday: better, no side effects really, but exHAUSTed. Pushed “long run” to Sunday

This week (week 16) is going to be a fun one. I am heading to NJ for a long weekend visit with some friends, with the “reason” (ahem excuse) for the gathering being the Atlantic City Marathon series. I’ll be doing the 5K on Saturday - no pressure, may even walk it if any of my friends are walking. And Sunday I’ll be doing 17. I’m staying Saturday night with a friend on the AC boardwalk; I’ll do 4 miles on the treadmill and then head out to do the Half Marathon as part of the series.

I was looking at maps from past marathons and 17 miles will land me roughly at EE :slight_smile: I’m starting to work this kind of visualization into my training – it’s so important to me to mentally see myself doing it. My best ever race - a 10K in Portsmouth NH - resulted from months of visualizing and mentally preparing. I’ll do that here too.

Also, my three different tops (tank, short sleeve, long sleeve) came in for my Moana outfit. Now I’m just on the hunt for the running tights. I think I have found them, just need to pull the trigger.

5 Likes

What a great idea! I’ve been working on staying in the moment and not just thinking, “let’s get to the finish line!” We work so hard for this big race, I want to enjoy the journey, even the hard parts.

Sorry that booster kicked you butt! But, maybe the rest did those muscles some good. How’s your sister doing/feeling?

1 Like

She’s much better. No idea what the matter was but it has more or less cleared up. :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3: She gets through this training cycle

2 Likes

I have never been injury prone but this year I have hurt my back twice. And I’ve never before been to a chiropractor but visited Arrosti both back injuries and they are fantastic. I just really love their approach. Highly recommend.

1 Like

See! Things like that I am completely in the dark on. I feel like I have a lot to learn. I’m kind of glad I’m not running until February and can follow along in January and hopefully gain alot of wisdom.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

1 Like

What is Arrosti?

Sorry your body was not cooperating yesterday. Chalk it up to a bad day and move forward. All your training will pay off. Your training is definitely an accumulation of more than just one bad run. You got this!

Congratulations. You crushed it!

I have been there. I remember getting a run in the day of my first shot without issue. Things took a turn for the worse about 8 hours later and I was out of running for a week. Hopefully your symptoms subside quickly.

I have a booster coming up next month. Hopefully it dose not take me down for a week.

Sounds like fun!

Welcome! I am sure we will learn more from you. Congratulations on signing up! Princess weekend is an awesome event!

Weekly update:
We are 86 days from Marathon Weekend!
4 walks for a total of 14.93 miles and total time of 3:50:35.
5 runs for a total of 22.63 miles and a total time of 4:30:31

• 45 minutes on Tuesday
  • 50 minutes on Thursday
  • 55 minutes on Friday
  • 60 minutes on Saturday
  • 60 minutes on Sunday

The week was good. I am working hard to try and get my cardio and stamina back. I am running about 1.5 to 2 minutes per mile slower than two months ago. Hopefully the wheels do not fall off this wagon and I can remain healthy for the next 86 days!

3 Likes

It’s a chiropractic practice. They have quite a few offices in the DFW area. Not sure how broad they are as far as the state or other parts of the country. They do soft tissue adjustments as well as prescribe an at home regiment of icing and stretching. They take patients on an injury specific basis and discharge after 3-5 sessions.

1 Like

Looks like it’s only in four states - TX, Ohio, Virginia and Washington. They target the fascia system around whatever pain a person is experiencing. I think they got their start with sports medicine and working with the Spurs here in SA.

1 Like

:scream:

2 Likes

My weekly update:
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: 30 min run
Wednesday: Yoga
Thursday: 30 min run
Friday: Yoga
Saturday: nada (yoga was on the calendar but I never got around to it)
Sunday: long run (3 miles) I did this first thing in the morning and was so glad I did. I need to get one of the water vests that OBNurse has. My hand gets tired of holding my water bottle. I need to figure out where to keep my phone too.

Next week’s long run is 4 miles. Doing the yoga in between is really nice, I’m glad to have that time.

4 Likes

I keep that in my vest too.

On the short runs I wear a flip belt and carry it there.

I don’t have a flip belt either. I’ll look into that too, thanks!

I like it a lot! Super convenient and carries a good deal of stuff if you need it to. I generally keep it limited to my phone and key, sometimes my ID/cash/debit card. I stuffed a crapload of stuff into it when I used it hiking one day.

Love all the yoga! Great work!

I just saw on your other thread that you’re doing the Princess half solo (at least right now). I am too! My sweet mom actually offered to come with me and be my cheering squad but I declined. I’m kind of looking forward to doing whatever I want for three days. Pretty sure I’ve had that opportunity zero times in my entire life.

3 Likes

Thanks! That was @obnurse’s suggestion. It’s really been nice!

2 Likes