Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

SAME!

2 Likes

I like keeping my phone in my zippered pocket of my running shorts or leggings. I wear athleta and their large pockets accommodate my phone perfectly. I have super easy access to it and it doesn’t bounce around.

2 Likes

I guess this counts as training? Saturday was the day of my long run. Sunday and Monday were just me, at work. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Lordy girlfriend! That counts for something for sure!!
Thank you for your service to our men in (the best MLB) uniform :wink:

I’m going to NJ this weekend with a bunch of people and I only have one ally who will push to at least check in on our boys. I’m driving home Monday and will have to drive almost right by Fenway… :thinking: (as if…)

2 Likes

Sooo, my husband was like, “sure, go” and I was like :scream:

I have a room booked at POP. A little pricey for such a quick trip, but I like POP. Now I just have to pull the trigger on the bib!! :grimacing:

I’ll go in on Friday and out on Monday so there will be limited park time (I’m not an AP). I’ll do EPCOT on the day of the half and eat my way around the world, so that leaves Saturday. When/if you go with limited park time, do you have a favorite? MK has the most attractions. I love AK for its ambiance. My favorite rides are at HS. Gosh, these are the best kind of problems to have.

3 Likes

I am so proud of you (and jealous like mad!)

Have you met me at all? AK all day

1 Like

haha! Yeah, I thought you might say that. :deciduous_tree:

You did?

I hardly ever talk about which park(s) I like best. I’m surprised you picked up on the subtlety with which I discuss it!

Good man, and congrats to you!

I actually thought about this a lot on my recent solo trip and I came to the conclusion that my favorite park is the one I’m standing in. Seriously, I changed my mind on this like a dozen times over the course of that trip. If I absolutely had to pick one, I think it might be AK. Unless you want to run around and do a bunch, then MK or HS. Epcot I guess would have to be last, but really I’d rate the parks like 100, 99, 99, and 98.

4 Likes

I like this a lot.

2 Likes

Yep, that about sums it up! That means I can’t make a wrong choice.

3 Likes

Yay!

Don’t forget you’ll have to have time for packet pickup over at WWOS on Friday or Saturday.

Don’t forget with your half marathon registration for Wine and Dine you get admittance to the park from 5pm-12:30am for the post race party, so you don’t really need a ticket for that day if you don’t want to spend it!

Since you’re at POP, HS might be the most convenient!

I’m with everyone else, the park I’m standing in is my favorite. Love that sentiment @NoBellePrizeWinner

1 Like

So I’ve got a question for speculation… I wonder how they’re going to manage the race start and corrals? I ran my first (and so far only) Princess Half in 2020, and we were absolutely shocked at the size of the crowd while waiting to start. I saw that Boston this week started with waves based on busses, and I’m trying to think of how something similar could happen at Disney? Though with recent photos from rope drop and fireworks, maybe that’s not the most pressing concern at the moment?

1 Like

Maybe I’m naïve, or jaded, but I actually expect things to be handled the same as in the past.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s even a worry for them by now. Because, yes, indeed fireworks and such are a mob scene again just like the olden days. It might be worth it to bring a mask - and since masks are to be worn indoors is actually essential come to think of it in case you use restroom or ride anything.

2 Likes

Great point. That mask is going to get nasty in my pocket though. At least during the half and full. Need to remember a little plastic bag to put it in.

1 Like

I have not seen anything in writing at this point from Disney. I can only speculate at what is going to happen. My guess is that for W&D, they have a reduced amount of people for the races. They will make everyone wear a mask in the holding area and corrals. Once you start running, you would be free to remove your mask.

I think MW is projected to be a free-for-all, but I expect masks in corrals.

1 Like

I’m a little oblivious to the social distance of it all at this point…5 months of working at max capacity event space…I’m just used to large crowds of people again…but I will absolutely report back anything I learn at W&D!

1 Like

Realistically that makes sense, I was just curious to see if anyone anticipated changes. Also on your same point @OBNurseNH, a mask will probably still be needed on the bus to and from the race too! I’m looking at my next race being the F&W Half in 2022, but I’m interested to see what changes (if any) they’ll make with this restart.

1 Like

Fixed that for you. I don’t see them enforcing mask wearing in the corrals. It would have to be peer-pressure enforcement. I expect it to be 50/50 masks. But I’m pretty jaded by what I see in my community. People are just done with it around here. :frowning:

4 Likes