Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Oh man, my training plan does call for me to run 13 miles that weekend . . . . :thinking:

4 Likes

Kismet

1 Like

Do it!

2 Likes

Room availability is rough, but do it!!!

2 Likes

haha! You guys are bad/good(?) influences. There are some rooms, but nothing super cheap. Flights are reasonable. All told, with race registration, it’d cost me over a 1K for the weekend. Today is my wedding anniversary, should I tell my husband, this is what I want? Oh, and tell him I’m going solo :laughing:

4 Likes

Do you have a friend you could bunk with?

Sounds good to me!

3 Likes

Not unless @StinsyLinson or @NoBellePrizeWinner want a new friend/bunk mate. :laughing:

1 Like

My room is full or I totally would!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:

Yeah I’m bunking with a male friend. Probably not a great idea for you to join us as part of an anniversary present from your DH, lol!

3 Likes

Hey people offer their own gifts. It’s not to us to judge

3 Likes

:joy: :joy:

1 Like

:joy:

He’s not the jealous type at all, but even that might make him go :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Thanks @OBNurseNH for pointing me to these! Love them!

7 Likes

These are AWESOME! How perfect?!

2 Likes

Yesterday’s long run was supposed to be 12.5 miles. I got through 6.5 before I had to listen to my body and call it a day. My hips were screaming. I went home, took my arthritis meds (should I have taken that before I ran…yes) and iced.
I don’t want to over do it and take myself out before the race, but I am a little bit worried that I’m maxing out early and won’t have the endurance built up to finish all the miles. I think I could walk this race and still make the time window, but I don’t want to have to do that.
Maybe I’m hitting one of those walls and that means I’ll have a really, really great day next month?

3 Likes

You’ll finish. You’ve got this. Okay it safe and conservative like you are. Consider slowing the pace a bit, take more walk breaks. The goal is to not bonk and you won’t bonk!

2 Likes

At @OBNurseNH’s invitation I’m hopping on here with y’all!! Thanks for including me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Yesterday, I signed up for the Fairy Tale Challenge during the Princess Half Weekend. It’ll be my first RunDisney experience. Can’t wait to learn from all of you! :running_woman:t2:

8 Likes

Do you get massages or have you tried Arrosti? Sometimes working on that fascia can help the aches and pains. And we’re still 12 weeks out - you’ve got this!

Edit: Shoot, I just realized you don’t have 12 weeks left since you’re doing the W&D - but I still think that You’ve got this!! :raised_hands:

2 Likes