Ratatouille opening Oct 1

Apparently it has been confirmed… Ratatouille is opening Oct. 1, 2021 for the 50th.

5 Likes

man, that stinks. i hate that it’s going to be sitting there ready to go for so many months while folks are there…

7 Likes

Wow I can’t believe they are waiting so long! There are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

8 Likes

I am so disappointed that they are choosing to wait so long to open. I would think that with the reservation system and limited capacity of the parks that it would be better to open with those things in place.

4 Likes

I think they are using it as something to celebrate the 50th with. The truth is, they don’t have much specifically new for the 50th otherwise (aside from some projections and color schemes). So waiting to open this kind of makes sense in that regard.

Of course, I wouldn’t have minded it being open for our UOR trip in May so that I could pop into Epcot just to ride it. But with that off the table, I don’t even have to worry about it! :slight_smile:

ETA: What DOES surprise me is that Disney hasn’t done more to get Tron completed before the 50th.

7 Likes

Here is the official Disney announcement for those who refuse to take anyone else’s word for it (like me lol):

Honestly, I wasn’t placing too much weight into this ride being open for my trip in May, but it just seems silly not to open it.

7 Likes

How could you not trust a face like mine?

7 Likes

No doubt they’re tweaking the changes they made in the Orlando version.

Namely, the end of the attraction when the rat-shaped vehicle enters a nursery.
And Tramp pounces on the occupants.

7 Likes

If you want me to trust a face, I think we need to call @Heidelj.

3 Likes

This is c**p.:rage:

Everything was ready, CMs were trained. And then moved elsewhere.

Even the Creperie isn’t opening. Wonder whether they will close the entire area once they complete the work on the restrooms in Morocco?

I can understand they want to kick off the 50th, and I guess this will help spread guests away from MK. Keep those that can’t get MK slots happy. But :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I am beyond disappointed. Definitely avoiding the place around October 1. I mean, I just bought DVC so I WILL go, just not at that time. I guess this is the epitome of a first world problem, but it’s still really bumming me out. :frowning:

4 Likes

haha… so EC will fill up on the calendar :wink: fast. I can’t renew my AP until this Friday… SOOOO excited :wink:

1 Like

If you have an onsite stay already booked, you can renew your AP early. Like 7 months early if necessary.

1 Like

He doesn’t have a face. Only a monstrosity where a face should go

4 Likes

That is wildly disappointing. And such a waste to have it sitting there, ready to go, tor months. It’s like parking a car you don’t drive in your garage for a year. Inevitably when you do decide to drive it, something will have broken/rotted/rusted while it sat there unused. :frowning:

4 Likes

Any expectations of the 50th anniversary being anything special are out the window.

This is the cheapest possible thing they could do. Expect them to announce lifting of restrictions, bringing back fireworks, parties, etc as “50th anniversary celebrations”.

It will cost them nothing but they can still promote it for the 50th.

1 Like

We are now going the first week of August, and I felt so sure this would be open by then. I wonder what else they will hold out until October 1? Return of Fastpasses? Early park entry for on-site guests?

3 Likes

Well that’s a shame. You know what this means for Space 220…:expressionless:

5 Likes

Whoa! really?!? well, Friday will be soon enough :wink: I hope …

Whenever I look at his face I just see a reflection of myself, just embraced in harmony with everyone else on the forum.

Symbolically.

Of course.

4 Likes