Ratatouille opening Oct 1

Yay! We are going to DW the week after Thanksgiving.

1 Like

You’re a part of that monstrosity…

4 Likes

Well Kumbaya then

1 Like

I know. Isn’t it grand?

2 Likes

We need at least one liner in that room where this decision gets made. Grrrr.

3 Likes

I’m kind of thinking the other way - wonder if they are holding off so that they can try to phase in some more normalcy before dealing with a new attraction. IF (big if) the pandemic keeps moving in the right direction, maybe we’ll see the return of some of old stuff sooner rather than later.

I don’t mind the delay here if it means focusing some energy there.

2 Likes

Ha ha. The myth of Space 220…

3 Likes

For no reason at all, would you mind sharing the start date for your next visit?

:wink:

2 Likes

It was definitely a let down to me with a Memorial Day weekend to mid June trip. Holding out hope for Velicoaster. Come on USO. Show up Disney for me. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah. We are still hoping that Summer 2021 for Velocicoaster means early May. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean it’s Florida. Doesn’t summer start in March?

3 Likes

April

2 Likes

Phew then I’m good then. :wink:

1 Like

On the other hand, I also kind of fear the crowds the opening might bring…so as much as I want to ride it, another part of me wishes it wouldn’t so that we can count on smaller crowds. I am torn (which is kind of appropriate, considering the theme of the coaster).

3 Likes

It is really surprising that Ratatouille would be a centerpiece for the 50th, but I guess they don’t have much else. IMO, I doubt many are going to book trips to ride. I mean sure, if you were going anyway, you would want to ride, and if you were going in late September maybe you’d push back to October, but even SWGE didn’t have the expected draws. But what do I know, I’m just a person with a trip before October!!

3 Likes

I hope you’re right. I know everyone here as different opinions on Fastpass, but I’d love to see some form of that back by August 1.

1 Like

Not really. Mostly it’s @ryan1 on one side of the debate, and everyone else on the other. :grin:

Seriously though, his points on that are valid and verifiable, but I do enjoy having a system of some kind to try to optimize the heck out of.

9 Likes

No, no, no, no, no!

Ahem.

1 Like

:joy:
On our last trip in July 2019, the longest we waited in any line our entire 8 day stay was 20 minutes for Kali. I love playing the fast pass game, especially with just DS and me. :blush:

4 Likes

lol. I got the Orlando Informer Meet Up tickets so I’m hoping it is fully open (I suppose if it’s a soft opening I could get in the massive line at the 4pm entry time) so they will add it to the line-up.

2 Likes