Ratatouille opening Oct 1

This is what dissappoints me the most. I L-O-V-E crepes and was severely looking forward to this for lunch. I’m honestly more upset about this than the ride (you can see where my priorities are! LOL!)

3 Likes

I’m going June 14 and am fully prepared for everything to be just as it is.

My secret hope is that they will announce all kinds of changes for later in the summer and everyone will move their trips and then I’ll have the parks to myself :crazy_face:

ETA: a double secret surprise soft opening of HEA would be nice too lolz

ETA: FWIW we just bumped it a week to accommodate one last teacher responsibility after the year ends. I’m sure it will make all the difference :joy:

4 Likes

You know I just realized that there was a lot of Velocicoaster merchandise las week at UOR, but don’t remember seeing any Ratatouille merch at Epcot.

2 Likes

This is me - I just need some kind of dummy system so I can feel like I have some sort of influence and control over my wait time. Just lie to me and put me in the SB line :joy:

3 Likes

It does add some fun to the planning, for sure! I also appreciate the guarantee that even if my kids lose it waiting in lines, we can at least ride 3 of the ‘bigger’ rides before resorting ourselves to the shows/anytime rides.

As far as Ratatouille goes, I think they’re counting it as a win-win to open it as part of the 50th and also on a day where they’re already going to be packed out anyway, so maybe it will spread out some of the insanity.

2 Likes

But also when I was a young girl of 10 we visited WDW and USF (solo park at the time and brand new). There were signs all over the Interstate about King Kong and Jaws so we took our rental car over there and neither of those rides were operating yet so I’m not sure if that means anything! Fingers-crossed really hard though. The video they have on their site looks exciting.

1 Like

Straight BS. And you know it’s gonna go down a lot on day 1 cause just about every ride does when under full load for the first time.

Upshot though: if they don’t do a virtual queue…MK on 10/1 should turn into a ghost town after 2pm! :roll_eyes:

If they do, which is possible, so much for that.

Space220 likely won’t be ready
Tron won’t be ready
Rail road won’t be ready
Guardians won’t be ready (not that I think it was supposed to be)
Epcot still a destruction zone
Toy story restaurant won’t be ready.

Best. 50th. Ever. Good job, chapek. You idiot.

16 Likes

Yikes. I don’t disagree. But, yikes.

I know. My emotions in writing is very subtle. But I’m a a little pissed. :laughing:

2 Likes

That DVC/AP cookie put you over didn’t it?

I’d be pissed too.

7 Likes

Seriously though, I agree completely. He bit off more than he could, and yes the pandemic wrecked everything, but if he wasn’t trying to change so much at the same time, the parks wouldn’t feel like a constant construction zone.

2 Likes

Whaaaat no! How could I possibly hate that… “cookie”. And definitely not a coaster that got dropped off a truck that someone saw laying on the road and decided to dust it off and put Mickey sprinkles on it.

(I had a weird coughing fit last night and I swear I could still taste it. It’s like reverse covid. :nauseated_face:)

1 Like

Exactly. There was no reason to push for the Epcot changes before MK was squared away. And now we’re stuck with “disney world of construction”

2 Likes

NO! I’ll be there in august and I want no one to come like how it usually is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I guess we know where @len stands :joy:

28 Likes

Ooh I’m gonna go like his tweet. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

This…is life. :heart_eyes: Well said Len!

Is it possible they just don’t want to have to open this with plexiglass etc or covid-modified from what was intended like they’ve had to with others? It would be the first major attraction to open since covid closure. Keep this one pure and coincide with 50th when they may be able to drop restrictions and bring back other things too to help represent a big dramatic return to normalcy, since GotG and Tron are behind and won’t be ready? Not liking it, but might be part of the thinking.

3 Likes

I think you are exactly right. I think they wanted to give this the best chance of opening with as few covid protocols as possible.

I’m a little less hopeful, after this news, for Harmonius to be there in August. I guess I’m fine with it. I was just hoping

1 Like

I was there yesterday and took a picture over the wall. Not much going on over there. It looks completely done.

6 Likes