UPDATE: Getting closer, adding finishing touches A little good news. construction walls are down at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure

They are adding the annual flowers to the landscaping. That is something you only do when you are ready for guests.

5 Likes

From what I’ve heard we’re still looking at “Spring”. There are reports lthat CMs are currently being trained to operate it, but not from my “go to” sources.

As far as BGs go, it was considered as a way to manage the queues that stand-by only would generate. No-one seems to be certain what will happen though.

They want this up an running for the 50th right? What else will be ready for that landmark year?

1 Like

Do you mean “within a year from the 50th”? In which case, Tron and GOTG have a chance of making it, although I’m not convinced GotG will. And if Tron does then so should the railroad. Moana’s water thingy too.

Space 220 should open this summer, but then we were all expecting it this time last year!

2 Likes

I was thinking of all they want ready for the BIG anniversary

Well pre-Covid then Rat would have opened last summer and Tron would have been ready in time for 1st October 2021. Along with Harmonius.

Some of the Epcot projects should have been ready for Epcot’s 40th. I would have thought Moana, Play pavilion and the central “spine” at least functional. Possibly GotG. Not the “festival centre” or Mary Poppins.

Now, Rat and Space 220 is about it. And also Harmonius I guess.

2 Likes

Isn’t Mary nixed which makes me want to cry?

1 Like

Well not officially … :wink:

But really it wasn’t going to be anything that amazing sadly. Predictably, after all the teasers at D23 when they didn’t actually specify what it was but implied a new ride, the reality turned out to be somewhat different. What we were going to end up was very similar to “Enchanted Tales with Belle”. I think MP deserved better to be honest.

2 Likes

Oh really? I can stop being sad then.

1 Like

Seth Kubersky at The Unofficial Guides is reporting that Remy’s won’t be open until Oct. 1, 2021 to celebrate the official 50th Anniversary date

Yep. Read liner thoughts on this here!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been offline a lot this week. (I lost a friend of 15 years to COVID)

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. :pensive:

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that.

1 Like

@darkmite2 I’m so sorry to hear this! Very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. It’s been a rough month or so. My best friend, 20+ years, got it and spent 11 days in the hospital. (He’s got past lung issues) He’s home, but still on oxygen. He gave it to his wife - who got pneumonia - and their 12 year old son had a “mild” case for about a week. (He says he felt like his bones were always sore). That was most of February.

Then on Tuesday, my next door neighbor & friend of 15 years collapsed and died in my driveway. She had “breathing problems”. She was diagnosed with a mild case of COVID about a week ago. Her son said she was feeling better & wanted to get outside for a few minutes. She got out of her house and right to my driveway before collapsing.

It’s just been awful. We’re so close to this being over - with vaccines & etc…, but both of these people stopped being careful about distancing. (My best friend was never very good about wearing his mask)

Oh well… not trying to hijack this posting. I know we usually do this on the daily chat.

(Ironically… I starting making a TP for a “fake” May trip, trying to cheer myself up thinking Remy would be open by then! Oh well…)

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking but didn’t say. We are so close with the vaccines! That makes it almost more painful.

I had COVID in December, and it was a miserable two weeks. I worried about something happening like what happened to your friend. It’s scary.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss :frowning:

1 Like