Random Running Posts

Also, this is my delightful running trail wetlands, complete with floating tyre (the traffic cone is on holiday) :laughing::laughing::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

6 Likes

I always struggle to take a nice pic of the river by our house due to all the shopping trollies etc :joy:

I don’t listen to music when I run so can’t help with that.

2 Likes

My playlist is mostly ‘80s/‘90s music. One song that is played at almost every cross country meet I’ve been to is Eye of the Tiger, so I associate that one with running a lot!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Yip!! Sounds just like my area :woman_facepalming:t4::laughing:

1 Like

Oh that’s one of my favorite things to do

A few favorites:

• Run by OneRepublic
  • Levitating by Dua Lipa
  • Born For This by The Score (this takes me back to mile 15 at marathon where I was struggling thinking what the hell was I thinking. it reminded me - I was born for this - and it got me moving again)
  • Ali In the Jungle by The Hours
  • Juice by Lizzo

I could give you more but you have opened up a can of worms I’m not sure you meant to :laughing:

I build my playlists with intention. I know what I’ll need at various points in a race and I place music there (based on my approximate pace) so it will do its job. During Marathon I heard Livin On a Prayer by Bon Jovi (halfway there!) at mile 13, and then when I arrived to the runner’s entrance to Animal Kingdom I heard Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N Roses. And, as stated above Born For This showed up right on time too.

I care a lot about the lyrics of the music I listen to when I’m running, too. Sure some songs are just for fun or are crazy bangers you can’t do without. But largely I put songs in that have positive messages: you’re strong, you can do this, ain’t nobody better than you, keep going, you’re a fighter, you’re almost there, this is what you came for

Be careful asking me this LOL I could go on for days

3 Likes

No, that’s great.
I like to get suggestions :+1:t2:

See, I would love to do what you’ve described, but I also like to have a playlist on shuffle so that the next song is a surprise.
Given that I’m currently running loops, I think I’ll start with keeping shuffle as an option so that it doesn’t get outrageously repetitive, but perhaps I can make a few different playlists if I find a combination of songs that work for my slow -ass pace :+1:t2::laughing::notes::notes:

Thank you :smiley::+1:t2::notes:

1 Like

Ironically, after my praising the rail trails that I have near me yesterday, I have read a news article this morning wherein the state dept of transportation has (it seems, illegally) stepped in to change a plan that was in place to address changing traffic patterns, replacing it with a new plan that at best will compromise safety for trail users but will probably render the path unusable for many.

There’s a new access road going in for our interstate that will effectively cross the rail trail. They were supposed to be putting in a tunnel for the path to go under that access road. Now they have changed the plan, behind closed doors, to make it a crosswalk. We are talking SIX LANES of highway access roadway for people to have to cross. Certainly there will be a button for pedestrians to push to get traffic to stop, but these cars will be traveling in excess of 40mph (roughly 65kmh) and the risk to safety will be tremendous.

I’m very disappointed to read this and hope the federal authorities reject this new plan.

1 Like

That’s terrible!

2 Likes

During training, yes. Surprise me! So I use my playlist on shuffle.

Heck sometimes I even listen to podcasts or audiobooks.

But for races I need a very specific playlist.

1 Like

Ditto!!

That sucks. I really hope it’s reversed.
Appreciate still having it in the meantime :frowning:

1 Like

I used to listen to audiobooks loads when running.
The book I’m in the middle of* just now is quite harrowing, and I need something uplifting to get me moving - hence random music.

*Actually, only about a tenth of the way through :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Great job :clap:

1 Like

I think you will love these! I never thought I would like them & tried my husband’s one day & immediately ordered my own pair.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I ran a Memorial Day 5k this morning. We got apple pie instead of medals :pie:. It was hot, started at 7am, but it’s always nice to see everyone at the local 5k’s. I did ok, but I need to work on speed work again & lose about 15 lbs!

5 Likes

That looks fast enough to me! My best was 31.14 in a race and I’ve never done it at that speed any other time.

1 Like

Well done :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:
That’s a very respectable time for a 5k IMO, even moreso in the heat :+1:t2:

2 Likes

So proud of myself! I will run for the last day of the challenge and it will be more like a 1k lap of honour :joy:

3 Likes

As you should be! You’re amazing!!!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like