Random Running Posts

Just a spot for us to post runs that may or may not pertain to specific runDisney weekend training

I’ll start:

6 Likes

So I’m starting to get into the pool and on the bike to see if I can do a triathlon in the fall. Here’s what I’ve done the last two weeks. And I’ll highlight the 4/28 run for obvious reasons, and include my video as well. Usually this is when I announce my fundraiser for Dopey, but I’m taking the year off from major races, so I’m doing something different.

Today is April 28th, our family’s “Cancerversary”. It is also the day I announce my annual fundraiser. This year is the 5th anniversary of when our lives changed, so I’m going big. I’m also going to do things a little different than previous years - no marathon this time and I’m supporting a new local charity: Live Like Luke of Texas. My big goal is to run 1000 Miles for Luke in one year, and raise $10,000 for the fund in his memory. Will you join me and Live Like Luke?
www.LiveLikeLukeofTexas.org
#1000MilesForLuke

7 Likes

Love this so much!

Always good to see you, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She’s still got it.

#sonegative

9 Likes

Nice progression!

1 Like

Hey @missoverexcited and @Shmebulock and @Randall1028

We kinda took over Uncensored today with the running talk. Just wanted to point out this Random Running thread in case you didn’t know it exists.

5 Likes

I’d really like to get back into running.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20230512-110440_MapMyRun

I walked to and from the circuit, but ran the whole circuit. It’s only a mile in total including the walk there and back, but IT’S A START!! :dizzy:

Thank you :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

7 Likes

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Good work!

4 Likes

I’m not signed up for W&D or marathon weekend, so I guess I belong in the “random running”! Haha

I ran 3 miles last night, it’s getting hot. In the summer months, I just make sure I get out there. No pressure on speed or really even mileage. I try to keep it at 7 miles for my long runs.

The Celebration 1/2 marathon is going to be 1/28/24. It opens up for registration in July. I’ve ran it twice & really enjoy it, so I think that’s going to be my main focus. The parks are usually pretty slow & the Festival of the Arts is going on.

Does anyone have any good races coming up? My running group went to Charleston last year to run & that was a blast. We are hopefully doing another destination this year. I love running Disney, but it’s also nice to get out and run/see other cities.

5 Likes

I’m doing the Great Manchester Run next Sunday which you won’t have heard of I’m sure, but it’s a reasonably big deal here. They show the half marathon on TV and Sir Mo Farah is doing it for the last time before he retires. I’m only doing the 10k though, which is further than I’ve ever run before. The route goes right through the city centre and there are different party zones playing music. Should be fun, as long as I don’t die :joy:

5 Likes

I have to be better about this. I tend to get down on myself for being slower in the heat, but everything out there says you’re SUPPOSED TO slow down in the heat. I think this summer I will be kinder to myself. Something about age bringing wisdom, perhaps.

I’ve not signed up for anything. I’m kind of eyeing this women’s 10K in Boston in October. But I don’t know that I’m ready to commit quite yet. I’ve only been back at moving my body faster than a walking pace for a few weeks now.

4 Likes

I used to skip summer runs because of the heat, but when I kept to running outside at least twice a week in the summer, it was amazing how good I felt once the temps/humidity dropped. I pretty much always stick to run/walk in the summer & take extra breaks on the longer runs if needed.

My sister has run this. Is it Columbus Day? I feel like there’s a reason I haven’t run it & that’s my anniversary. Have you ever run Boston Run to Remember the day before Memorial Day? They have a 5 miler & a half. I’ve run the 5 miler a few times. I would like to run the half, but being in South FL this time of year is kind of my break from long distance (the heat & humidity).

1 Like

So true. Hot summer running often results in fall PRs!

2 Likes

It’s on 10/7

I haven’t. I’ve actually never done any races in Boston

1 Like

Had me a blast :notes::laughing:

3 Likes

Any of you runners been to Aulani and tried running there? I’m going this summer and my son, who is 15, will be running nearly every day for cross country prep. I just had knee surgery on April 17 and should be cleared to run in another week or so (did the elliptical last night with no pain). My plan is to get in shape to run with him at least some so he doesn’t have to hit the treadmill too much, as he doesn’t like the treadmill.

I know it will be hot there, but at least the first few days, we’ll still be on Eastern time, so my hope is we can wake up and be out the door before the sun rises to avoid the heat.

Are there good places to run from Aulani? I’m assuming it is a relatively safe area. We’ll probably try to go 4-8 each day and don’t want to run endless loops around the parking lot.

Any suggestions from anyone who has been there?

Have not.

I didn’t run there. I went to Orangetheory in Waikiki prior to going to Aulani & then did yoga on the beach in Aulani. The area is very safe, but I’m not sure about the side walk situation. We went for a nice beach walk towards the other resorts. He could run there, but I don’t know how easy it would be to get a lot of miles in.

It was hot this morning, but had a nice run. There were a lot of people out, so there was a lot of stopping & socializing :rofl:.

5 Likes