Random Running Posts

So pretty!
I always tell myself if I lived in a place like that getting out to run would be so much easier.
I know that’s false, but I tell myself that anyway :wink:

1 Like

It is nice having such a great place to run. The heat can be awful, but we have an amazing running community. We have nice bathrooms at a Public golf course & a local running store puts water out for us. Definitely makes things easier :blush: I used to love running in Mine Falls when I was in NH.

1 Like

See I edited that piece out of your location in my brain :laughing:

That one’s a little far from me. But I run on the Londonderry Rail Trail a lot which, when I’m going longer miles, is a good 5 mile point to point/10 miles round trip of real pretty paved trail with enough people but not too many and almost zero road crossings. If I need longer I go out to Derry Rail Trail which now goes all the way to Salem if you can believe it! I did 15 on that one late in fall 2021, and I only went as far as Windham at Rt 111. Londonderry is supposed to get connected to Derry and then dang!

That looks great.
I would love to be able to run at the water.

Same as yesterday.
I plan to do the same again tomorrow before hopefully adding another loop in the new week…

5 Likes

Screenshot_20230514-201518_MapMyRun

Did this again this morning :partying_face:
I do plan to do two loops tomorrow, but I have to admit I’m quite nervous about increasing the distance.
I know I’m only doing a teeny tiny distance already, but I’m so out of shape that I’m exerting myself just with that small loop.
It’s pitiful compared with my old running habits.
Although still better than the nothing I’ve been doing for the last couple of years, so :+1:t2::laughing:

5 Likes

You-can-do-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Tomorrow I am set to run 3 miles, and the me that was out to dinner and drinks this evening is sorry for the me that has to do that tomorrow.

Ouch

4 Likes

Great job!!

1 Like

I was fairly puggled (translation: knackered) after this one. I’ll continue with two loops going forward. I will not be upping my distance again for at least a week, maybe two…

If I keep this up it will be interesting to see my fitness progress.
In the past when I’ve taken up running it’s been from a reasonably fit base level. This time I’m starting from actual couch potato status. The improvement should be obvious :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

I will refrain from posting my same two-looped run map every time I go out because this meme has always resonated with me… :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I feel this with my challenge! I have to post when I run because I’m trying to raise money for the charity but even I’m bored with my posts :joy:

6 Likes

i love this! i finally ended up with covid in february (thankfully after the WDW half) and i’m just now feeling good running again! i’m alternating 6 miles and 10 miles on the weekends and shorter runs during the week. my friend who cheered me on in WDW now wants to run a half marathon there…her jaw hit the floor when i told her 2024 was already sold out :rofl: :rofl: apparently 2025 here we come!

4 Likes

That might be my next go at it with a friend of mine!

Glad you’re feeling better :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! so fun!!! it’s so nice to have friends!

Had knee surgery on April 17 for a torn medial meniscus. Was told recovery would be 6-8 weeks before I could start running. After surgery, though, they said it wasn’t as bad as they thought the MRI showed. Recovery has been pretty easy. Did the elliptical for 35 minutes last night. Going for my first run today, only 4 weeks post-op. May only go 1-3 today, but so happy to be running again.

4 Likes

That’s fantastic!!

Sweet!
Take it easy!!

Go me! So proud of myself!

7 Likes

You’re awesome!
Do you have a link for your fundraising?

2 Likes

Thanks! I do.

4 Likes

Awesome!! :clap:

1 Like