Random Running Posts

Also I wonder if you’ve considered Galloway (intervals) which some people do only on their longer runs. Or another training plan that will have you spreading that run out a little more evenly so you’re not walking for a full mile? Just a thought.

1 Like

For sure, but I am barely running at all right now.

When I get back up to a decent distance then I will cut back the days out.

I think it’s fat person thinking to run a mile and need the next day off. And I don’t want to be fat anymore, so I’ll keep going until I need a break.

When I used to run 5ks I would only run 4 or 5 days a week :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ve never heard of it.
I’m not a real runner :laughing:
I’ll look it up… :+1:t2:

What I’ve done in the past to get back into running is walk the full 5k route and each session add a bit of running in, say from this tree to that fence and run the same parts each session gradually lengthening the running sections until eventually you’re running the full 5k.

That worked really well for me, but unfortunately my entire route was concrete and it eventually took its toll on my knees. Now, my loop is on ash and given how much more I weight now than before I will not risk any concrete running until I’m at least within a healthy BMI range.

That makes my running route very dull and boring. The thought of walking 7 times round my loop to get the 5k in isn’t enticing, which is why I just went ahead this time and tried running all the route, but only a short total distance.

1 Like

Today I only walked a half mile.
Each loop is a half mile :+1:t2:
So run a mile, walk a half mile, run a half mile.

2 Likes

That’s really … well it’s not true :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

I hate loops. HATE them!

Oh I had it in m head it was a full mile!

1 Like

It was kind of hot by the end especially in the nonshady spots. I don’t know if I’m ready to set an alarm to beat the heat. I’m so tired by the weekend that a little sleep-in (just Iike 7:30, like today) feels so good.

4 Likes

Looking good :star_struck:
Well done :muscle:t3:
That looks like a lovely bit of wetland behind you.

1 Like

It is! I am fortunate to live close by a rail trail
That meanders through a fair bit of conservation land. It’s so pretty and shaded and well-maintained, and is typically populated enough to not feel isolated but also not so busy as to be weaving around people. It’s a mixed-use trail that only prohibits motorized vehicles - so people run, walk, bike, skateboard, rollerblade, and in the winter snowshoe, xc ski. Right now it’s I think 5 miles end to end which was super great for marathon training. It will be connected to another stretch eventually that goes all the way to the state border, which is roughly 28 miles from here.

3 Likes

That sounds great :+1:t2:

1 Like

Me too but avoiding hills and too many main roads does mean I have to do a couple.

2 Likes

Ok yes. I hate hills more than loops :rofl:

2 Likes

I did many loops tonight. I ran down one street 3 times, I was sick of the sight of it.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Well done :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Thank you! Only my second 10k and I’m in no rush to do another, but I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it in under 70mins. Just :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a really great pace :running_woman:t4::running_woman:t4:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Just ordered a pair of Shokz headphones - the bone conduction ones.

My Airpods are dying a slow death - I’ve had them for over 3 years now and I use them almost daily so I can’t be too disappointed. They aren’t holding a charge for very long anymore and often have trouble connecting. I don’t want to find myself on my 14 hour flight to Kenya next month without working audio.

These will be safer overall because of the open ear design. I only ever wear one Airpod when running - I keep my ear open to the road or the trail - but I won’t have to do that with these.

Even better, they are having a sale for the next few days and I saved $40!

5 Likes

Shokz are awesome! I think you’ll love them!

2 Likes

Earphones link in nicely to my running issue this morning…

Twice this morning my songs ended on the incline :see_no_evil: I’ve been lucky up to now to often have a good song to pull me all the way to the top (Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode was a surprisingly good one last week :laughing:), but oh my goodness, the strength required to keep going while the song fades out and the pain of the silence before the next one starts :hot_face::hot_face::hot_face:

I haven’t put together a playlist for this new phase of running. I should probably do that.

If you music while you run, what are your power tracks? :muscle:t3::notes:

1 Like