Random Running Posts

I’ve abstained from my run this morning. I’ve woken up with a croaky throat :face_with_thermometer:
I might walk my route later if I feel better :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

It was hot. Summer is definitely here. I just looked & the feels like temperature is 88°. I actually do fine until the sun comes up. Once the sun starts beating on me I feel nauseous.

6 Likes

Hope you feel better!!

1 Like

My first ever 10k - I’d only done 9k once before this.

11 Likes

Awesome sauce!!!

Congrats!!! Very well done!

2 Likes

Thanks! It was so hot, it was horrendous :joy:

2 Likes

Great job! 10k is my favorite distance.

4 Likes

Mine too

3 Likes

That’s amazing!
Well done :champagne::clinking_glasses::champagne::clinking_glasses:
What a stellar time :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you! I really hated it :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you! I wanted under 75 mins so I’m very happy.

4 Likes

Slow and steady tonight. It’s a real pretty evening and I just wanted to enjoy it. Never looked at anything til I was in the last .10 Learning to love it again means they can’t all be gut busters!

5 Likes

Great job! I have missed my Thursday night run 2 weeks in a row because of bad storms! I’m still running at Orangetheory during the week, but I really like to get at least one outdoor run in during the week.

I’ll run tomorrow morning & then a 5k for Memorial Day.

2 Likes

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

Got my 7 miles in this morning. It didn’t feel quite as hot as last Saturday.

4 Likes

Strong work!

Wow! You’re so fast! :star_struck:
What a lovely photo of you and the great view :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been continuing to run two loops (1 mile) of my trail daily. I’ve only missed two days over the past couple of weeks, so I’m definitely improving.
This morning I have increased to four loops, but I run the first two (as I have been doing), walk the third and then run the fourth.
I will stick with this over the next few weeks and gradually try to run the third loop.
I can’t lie, the fourth loop was hard this morning :hot_face:
But I did it :muscle:t3::laughing:

6 Likes

Oh and after a couple of weeks of realising that JUST running isn’t going to get me back to a healthy BMI, I’ve been working on my diet this week too.
I just hope it sticks this time.
If it does, I’ll be beach body ready in time for Christmas :+1:t2::+1:t2::roll_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

I think you used to run before, right? So you may know that it’s good to take a day of not running in between a day of running. I tend to run 3-4 days a week, and most typically just the 3. Your muscles need recovery time or you’ll get injured!

I’m about to head out for my run in a short bit. I had a coffee and am awaiting “activation”. Then I’ll go. I’m going 4miles today too :slight_smile:

2 Likes