R o R Hollywoood Studios opening time

Thanks a lot for all your help NaviHeart, it make sense what you just said, I got EE FP then a FP for the show, and after that I’ll do one time Dinosaurs to get it out of the way and just do the EE and FoP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw in case any one cares, the way that we justified buying these AK after hours tickets, after already being over budget, was by cancelling the one night Disney hotel, that we booked just in case our kids got too tired from waking up so early and they needed a break during the day, and by cancelling the dinner that was going to give us better seats for fantasmic.

I don’t think that having better seats and the hotel we didn’t really need, can justify no having this new experience at animal kingdom :slight_smile:

Hotel was $170.59
Restaurant was going to be: $157.16 (without tip)
Hotel + Restaurant Total: $327.75

AK after hours x 4 people: $549.56

(AK after hours x 4 people) - (Hotel + Restaurant): $221.81

$221.81 / 4 people: $55.45

See, this is how you trick your self into expending more :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Love your Disney math. :grinning:

2 Likes

And your kids will be thrilled to learn that dinner now consists of popcorn and Mickey bars at AK DAH!

3 Likes

Davej, They would be thrilled,

The dinner we cancelled was for the previous day at Hollywood Studios, but knowing my wife they will have a proper meal before we arrived at AK. I can’t wait to see the kids faces when we tell them, hey you can eat as much Mickey’s Bars as you like lol.

Last Christmas when we came to AK, my daughter fell in loved with the mechanical banshees that sit on the shoulders, I think it was over $100, so I said to her, let’s buy it at a different park this week, so your have some time to think about it. After she realized it wasn’t sold anywhere else and we weren’t coming back to AK she got upset, so I told her next time when we come back we buy you one, that didn’t help but it was something. The moment she heard yesterday we were going to AK, she said I want my banshee. lol so I need to add over $100 to my Mickey math

1 Like

Not really. You are only adding $100 to LAST YEAR’s trip, since you had every intention of buying it then. So you are just finally getting around to it. That makes it still only $55/person. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol ryan1, I knew it was only sold in AK but I was playing the role of the clueless dad, with the hope that she being 7 at the time, would forget all about it. We weren’t planning to come to Disney this soon lol, the master plan was, wait until Tron and Guardian of the Galaxy have fast passes, so probably 2021 or 2022.

This time when she mentioned, I tried to play another trick by saying, I told you we were going to think about it when we come back, my wife was already rolling her eyes and I knew she was about to expose my trickery, when my son blared out, “you told her we were going to buy it”. Game over. lol

1 Like

Hmm. I guess you deserve what you get then. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

That toy is going to be part of the mountain of toys, they already forgotten they have. But maybe this one will be more meaningful to her because of the back story.

If you are talking about these… you can get them for only $30 now. Disney over estimiated their popularity and made way too many. Now they collect dust on shelves…

2 Likes

WOW darkmite2 that is great! Thanks for that info! :slight_smile:

No worries! FYI - You can find them at the Outlet Store near WDW

Disney’s Character Warehouse
8200 Vineland Ave #1252, Orlando, FL 32821
(407) 354-3255

Maybe call ahead to make sure they are still in stock.

1 Like

Thanks darkmite2, do you think they will sell it in AK when we are there for the after hours?

I just called, they no longer can check if an item is in stock over the phone. I’m sure I can but it at the park

They do get pretty busy there, so no surprise. Never hurts to ask though…

I’m going to suggest that if you do get on at AK you go to WindTraders ASAP when you get there (before 7pm). I can’t remember if the shops are open during DAH.

Maybe someone else can remember / help…

1 Like

Thanks darkmite2, of course it didn’t hurt to ask, that was a good tip because I could always go in person to check it out.

There is not need for more help with this, we are going to try to enter the park before 7, and we are going to check at the FoP store, if they don’t sell it at the park anymore, we will go to those stores you told me, but after Dec 24, when we will be done with all the parks. We actually have 6 more days of just relaxing until we fly out, so we got plenty if time to find that toy :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

1 Like

Please, when you have time after your return, let me know your thoughts on DAH. Since I’m the person who told you about it I’d like to know if you enjoyed it and got all those rides in. Have fun & safe travels!

2 Likes

Will do and thanks again! I have been researching and is pretty empty, but the waits for FoP have been increasing since the videos of a year ago, it used to be 5 minutes, but one from two month ago were 20 minutes waits, so I’m assuming that by next week when we are going could be up to 30 minutes, if you add the 15 to 20 minutes preshow, it adds up very quickly, so we need to be efficient with our time. We only have 3 hours.

It’s best to wait until at least 9:30pm to go to FoP. Hang out in Asia / Dinoland for the first half of the event. I promise… after 10pm those times drop to 15 - 20 minute “posted” times - which really means 8 - 12 minutes.

My friend who went there last Saturday (12/7/19) says at Everest they’ll let you just stay on the ride and do it over & over because no one was there. Primeval Whirl was open this week for the event and you could just stay on after 8pm. At FoP & Dinosaur they do make you watch the preshow even if you are the only person there.

He did FoP four times, from 9:30pm - 11:30pm, and could have done another right before close, but decided to go back to the hotel as they had been at AK since opening & stayed all night.

1 Like

That is fantastic! I hope we can have the same experience next week. I’ll keep you posted

1 Like