R o R Hollywoood Studios opening time

I’m anxious to hear as well, since we are doing AK DAH on May 16.

2 Likes

ryan1, I’ll take pictures of the waiting times to show you guys, if this work out, this maybe the only way we’ll experience Disney from now on, who knows

1 Like

@qbacreative in late August my cousin purchased one in park and it was around $70 with a DVC discount. At the time the store in the park was not discounting them. I don’t know if they are now? You may want to try the outlet first to hedge your bets.

1 Like

Thanks for that tip dianelynn!

1 Like

dianelynn, When you mentioned the outlets sounded like a great idea, until we got here that I realized that we don’t have time to go to the outlets, until we finish the parks period of our trip on Dec 25.

Anyways, we went last night for our AK after hour thing, and I realized that after a year of waiting for her banshee, I couldn’t tell our daughter, let’s wait until we finished the parks, and will look for a cheaper one at the outlets.

You were right, we paid more than $30, it was $63.85, but she got her banshee, and that girl spent all night we a permanent grin on her face, while daddy carried that big box throughout the park :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s still better than the $100+ they originally were and still go for on eBay.

Did you get to ride FoP over & over? :crazy_face:

1 Like

ryan1 don’t be anxious anymore, I got the data for you and pictures to prove it.

It was a walk on everywhere!!!, including Flight of Passage, this was our night:

When we came in that they gave us our wrist bands, they told us not to go to Flight of Passage until 9:30 so they can get rid of all the people from regular park hours, we ignore that and it was a good thing, keep reading.

Got there before 7:00 PM, we wanted to be at 6:30 but we underestimated the Orlando traffic from the Royal Pacific to AK, during what I guess was rush hour.

We did our fast pass to Expedition Everest, at this time the park was packed, then we went across with our fast pass for the River of Light show, since the park was still packed, and we missed the show last year, but after a few minutes of watching it, it went down. I was hopping it will take a while to come back, so I could convince my wife to get he hell out of there and start enjoying the rides, so it took enough time down, and when the speaker said in a few minutes we are going to restart the show, we left the show. I was so happy :slight_smile:

We did two more rides on Expedition Everest, it was a walk on but there were some people still from the day park hours. At the time we did it last year we weren’t into Roller Coasters yet, and that ride showed us how much fun they can be, well we weren’t sure that after being comfortable with big rollercoasters now, how would this one feel, and it felt amazing! it was so much fun, and it had enough level of intensity to enjoy it.

We knew we had to do at least the Dinosaurs ride once for the kids and one Navi River for our daughter, so we went to Dinosaur but even though it was empty the ask us to come back in 10 minutes because they were in the process of looking for lost and found.

We walk to pandora and walked into Navi River, you can see in the picture how busy it was :slight_smile:

Then we moved to Flight of Passage, it was now around 8:30 PM, there was a very small line in front of the entrance, like 6 people ahead of us, some one on the line said they wouldn’t open until 9:00, so my wife went with my daughter to get the Banshee, well they haven’t left for 2 minutes and they start to let us in, she wasn’t answering the phone so we had go get them at the store, we paid for the banshee and walk into the ride, it was walk on right until the doors for the ride, there was a very small group but still around 3 minutes wait, we did it and comeback for another ride.

After that we were in our way to Dinosaurs, we stopped to grabbed Mickey ice cream bars, Mickey sandwich, Popcorn and water, dinosaurs was a walk on.

Then we went back to Expedition Everest for another 3 rides, this was walk on to the ride every time.

Then we walked back to Flight of Passage for another 3 rides, now this time it was walk on to the ride every time.

Above is our daughter and son and as you can see there was no one to watch the show with us :slight_smile:

Guys thanks a lot for all the tips, because of you guys we went to the after hour, my kids were so thrill, we would never do AK any other way!!!

7 Likes

Thanks for that report! That seems amazing, and exactly what we are hoping to experience.

1 Like

This is one of those times it feels good to say, “See… I told you so!”

DAH at AK is a hidden gem! I want it be a little more popular so they keep doing it, but not so popular it becomes the size of a MK DAH or MNSSHP/MVMCP

3 Likes

darkmite2 yes you were the one that first mentioned to me :slight_smile: so from my kids thanks a lot, what a magical night we had, we were smiling all the time :slight_smile:

Look how empty it is:

2 Likes

by the way we could have done more Flight of Passage and Expedition Everest but there is a point, that there is not reason of doing it any more, in the last ride of FoP the kids and I were more interesting in looking at the mechanical system and what parts of the room move what way :slight_smile:

Yeah…with the limited amount of things to do, I kind of expect that we’ll want to leave before the event actually closes. I mean…is 10 back-to-back rides on Everest a good idea for one’s gastrointestinal fortitude? Probably not, no matter HOW much we love that ride.

I do have a question, though…what amount of freedom is there for exploration? I mean…do they have areas blocked off? Was the Tree of Life “active” the whole time? It will be fun to see Pandora, particularly at night…but what about other areas? And what about Dinoland USA? I’m wondering if it is any cooler at night.

2 Likes

One thing that surprised me was that after the 3rd time back-to-back (and 6th of the day), EE started to feel really slow, and I just didn’t wanted to do it again, even as a walk on. At the beginning of the day I thought I could go on it 10 times back to back and never stop loving it.

I also didn’t have any interest in going for a 4th time on FOP, after 3 FPs (thanks to the drops). Most of my group didn’t even want to go a third time (they felt it wasn’t worth the super cringing pre show). In a previous trip I waited on a 2 hours line for it and thought it was worth the wait, and couldn’t imagine not wanting to go on it again and again. The same effect also happened on Gringotts and on Forbidden Journey, but not on Hagrid’s (although I could only get to Hagrid’s 3 times)

3 Likes

We did that once, where EE was a walk-on, so we did it 3 times in a row, no wait. But you’re right…after the third time, we wanted to move to something else. It didn’t ruin the ride for me or anything…but I think your body’s adrenaline starts to crash, and another go on the ride isn’t enough to make up for it. (In amusement parks, I call this “post ride depression”…the inevitable crash/tired feeling you get about 20-30 minutes after getting off an adrenaline-pumping ride, usually while in line for another ride.)

3 Likes

I feel this way about FoP. I can go on roller coasters over and over, but I can only do the simulator rides once or maybe twice a day (except Soarin’, which has no effect on me). I get woozy just thinking about repeating FoP over and over …

and that’s all that really matters anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No it is not. I know from personal experience. DS”s goal was to ride it 10 times during DAH. We did it but I’m not sure how I survived.

1 Like

ryan1 I didn’t see any restriction of were we could go our any corded area, Dinoland USA was open too, everything is cooler at night, expedition Everest at night was amazing, Dinoland looked so cool with all the lights, it was like a different park, we had to keep asking for directions all the time.

The tree of Life had a show and afterwardsand it looked like this

3 Likes

The kids and I can do screen rides and rollercoasters over and over again, with very little or not effect, my wife can do one or twice but if you asked her for a third or fourth ride, she start to feel nauseous.

1 Like

I usually don’t have issues with rides and I love EE. But ten times made me feel rough.

3 Likes