Quicksilver did it to me too…

I’m still curious what would have happened if you hadn’t called to update them.

2 Likes

A few thoughts -

Reading some of the old, old reviews, there are clearly some customers who are complaining abiut some things that might have been thier fault. But even then, his response is completely out of proportion and rude. I know how to read a travel review and think, " yeah, this doesn’t change my opinion, you and I approach things differently". But when I read a vendor reaponding the way he does, I think, “yeah, you’re an asshole and you arent getting my business.”

That said, the reports of the last year have gotten completely out of control. But he still approaches them as if they are the same. And maybe in his head they are, but then he may need to rethink his business. At a minmum the wording on his sight.

Finally, as proof that he does not listen to what people are saying, you clearly heard bad reports from soneone you knew! So his response is to call them a liar? Tell you that you should take his word over theirs because “some people” just like to complain? (through their tears as they are left stranded).

7 Likes

For those interested, here’s what the subscriber email said. It indicates that they have clearly gotten too big for their britches:

Hello everyone,

It has been 3 long months since our last newsletter was sent. We apologize for the disappearance. Since the end of last year, we have been extremely busy due to the higher volume of travel, but mainly due to the end of Magical Express.

We have also, as so many businesses throughout the US, been understaffed and also unable to replenish our fleet as it was pre-pandemic. We have been working diligently and are slowly getting back on track, hiring new agents, new drivers, and new office staff. Unfortunately we have not been able to accept all reservations that have been placed, as we do not overbook and have to be sure we maintain our service at the higher levels it has always been since 2001.

Below are our special discounts and promotions. Be sure to use the discount code when booking your reservation online. Please do keep in mind though, we are experiencing a great volume of reservations, and space is extremely limited. Not all reservation confirmed will be able to have the discount applied.

To guarantee availability, we recommend booking your transfers with us as soon as your flights and hotel/resort are confirmed.

Thank you for the years of patronage and I hope to see you all back here soon.

Best regards to all,

4 Likes

Disney created an opportunity for Disney transportation companies to increase their business or for new companies to swoop in and get a piece of the pie. This should create a more competitive environment over time and only the good ones will truly thrive. Longevity in business is not a gaurentee for future success if you can not adapt to new environments. I’m personally looking at the Sunshine Flyer. How cool will it be for little kids to go to Disney in a “train”!

7 Likes

Yes, I received this yesterday. “ Not all reservation confirmed will be able to have the discount applied.” Interesting is t it? Is that discount on the $140 on their FAQs or the $205 on their rate chart?

By everything they posted they could have maybe increased my rate from $150 to $200. They quoted me $290 and $305?

Florida Towncar charged me $115.

7 Likes

What I don’t get is if supply is low, and that’s the excuse for all the issues he’s having, why offer a discount at all? You do this to fill spots and increase business. But if you can’t handle what you have that should be fixed first, IMO.

7 Likes

Basically we’re trying, but we reserve the right to do whatever tf we want and you’ll just pay what we tell you when we tell you. Sad. Especially after folks like you had such great experience.

5 Likes

The owner was right about one thing - the driver was very nice and we had exceptional service! I very much wish this whole debacle wasn’t happening right now. It’s no good for anyone.

2 Likes

They emailed me a second time today, after I already unsubscribed following the first email earlier in the week. I unsubscribed again and also replied to the email. Here is my email:

He was very quick to reply. Two screenshots because the whole thing did not fit on one screenshot. I have kept a part overlapping to show that I am not altering it in any way. What you see is what he said. Take it as you will.

11 Likes

Holy shit! :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

4 Likes

OMG! This guy is losing it! I do not belong to any other Disney forums but this can’t be isolated to the people here. He’s digging his own grave. Sad. He’s probably under so much pressure he’s lashing out or living in a delusional, non-moving world he built 21+ years ago. He’s pretty much blacklisted here! :joy: Wow, just wow!

8 Likes

I am so sorry that anyone would ever respond to you that way.

I am also so very grateful that I was emotionally prepared for a possible phone call before he called me.

8 Likes

That’s the thing- we are not a very big community and he did it to three of us, and cancelled another liner on chat after a phone call. It cant be just us?

7 Likes

Meh.

He proved my point.

8 Likes

Most certainly. It was so surreal. He really must be out of touch with reality…

1 Like

What a lovely way to run a successful business.

4 Likes

Like!

4 Likes

I think that might change soon with the competition stepping up to take the business that Disney gave them.

1 Like

Holy cow, blacklisted?!? Does this need to be reported to the BBB?

My DH’s cell was blocked by a local pizza joint bc he called to tell them an order arrived undercooked and wanted a replacement. :rofl:. He wasn’t rude or anything

3 Likes

I’d imagine all the yelp, Google, trip advisor and forum reviews/posts won’t even faze this guy.
His customers are seldom “right” because his customers are seldom satisfied with his service.

Still perhaps a complaint thru the BBB might get his attention.
Change his attitude? No. But it might get his attention.

ETA: Of course if you check his BBB profile and read the complaint there and his responses to it, you can see the best course of action is to steer clear of Quicksilver

4 Likes