Quicksilver did it to me too…

I had emailed Quicksilver that my flight was now arriving an hour early. Tonight I received a call. They now don’t have a towncar but it could be $305 (SUV both ways) or a SUV/towncar for $290.

I asked them since they say they monitor flights, what would happen if they monitored it and saw the change. They reported they would have called me the day before and increased.

I am cancelled.

My confirmed booking was $150 round trip booked in December.

11 Likes

No! Did you cancel the rental yet?

Did you push back hard on them at all?

I’m just curious what they would do if you did.

1 Like

This is completely unacceptable business practice. It might be time to spam their socials.

4 Likes

That is unacceptable. I mean - what if you just wanted to sit at the airport for an hour and keep the original booking?
Absurd. Insane.

5 Likes

It’s almost like someone else is running the business.

3 Likes

Is Chapek moonlighting?

20 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Ok they are definitely off my list. I had been recommending them to friends but will let people know otherwise. My friend used them in January but obviously things have changed since then.

So sorry you have to deal with this right before leaving. Totally unacceptable.

3 Likes

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

Sigh , this morning.

We’re booked with them in two weeks and all this is starting to make me nervous! What did you line up instead?

I did, in a nice way… “you say you monitor flights….”

2 Likes

A wonderful liner messaged me a possible company. If not, I will plan Uber/Lyft or possible taxi.

2 Likes

I got cocky with the rental. Every day it has been the same price, multiple choices under $215. I only book Alamo. That was what was available this morning.

Now? Alamo says there are no cars to rent in Orlando on my dates- none.

I hope it is a glitch.

2 Likes

oh man :frowning:

Is it too late to book Sunshine Flyer? I think @TheSafetyLady just used them this past week.

If you look up their negative reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor, the responses from the company are horrible.

2 Likes

My first trip to Universal I booked Happy Limo. My flight was delayed 3 hours. The driver was there waiting for me .

8 Likes

My jaw just literally dropped.

I need to advise folks to look elsewhere. This is so disappointing :frowning:

3 Likes