Quicksilver did it to me too…

Yeah, I am all for business owners being able to refute bad reviews, but they need to do so professionally.

1 Like

Ugh that stinks.

Looking over their terms, they reserve the right to change the vehicle picking you up.
They do not have the right to change the price of the service.

I’m hoping that I do not regret booking with them.

3 Likes

Awful! I reached out to them for a quote and I felt like they were totally upselling me. Not cool!

3 Likes

I do not recognize this company at all compared to what I used last May. So disappointing.

4 Likes

Well guys, it happened to me too.

I just got an alert from Southwest that my return flight changed by an hour. I emailed Quicksilver to update my flight info and immediately received a call. My round trip price will increase from $170 to $295 because of the flight change.

Any suggestions on where else we can get transportation? We have a family of 5. We are not interested in renting a car.

4 Likes

Mears will take you. I imagine sunshine flyer too but don’t know that for sure.

1 Like

I bet Sunshine Flyer would be cheaper

Wow!

1 Like

If this happens to anyone else, I recommend insisting that they offer the same price originally quoted. It is an unacceptable business practice for them to change the price due to something that is standard procedure (flight changing times) in the industry.

That said, I think you will be better off going with Mears or Happy Limo. Quicksilver has apparently outgrown their capacity to provide quality service.

6 Likes

What an absolute crap business model. What did the terms say on your confirmation email? At this point we probably have enough Liners for a class action suit.

2 Likes

It just says to call immediately with any itinerary changes.

I just want to :sob: although I am a bit relieved because ever since hearing bad reviews, I’ve been worried about it so better to move on now than last minute.

3 Likes

I did have that conversation and that their website states this:

What should I do if I miss my flight or connecting flight?
Just give us a call and let us know which flight you will be getting. Your driver will be
screening your original flight, so please contact us as soon as possible with the new
information. A $50.00 rescheduling fee may apply.

Their response was basically, “too bad, so sad…”

6 Likes

At least the $50 would be more reasonable than the $125 increase quoted to @Sunshiney_Disney_Momma!

Do we know if any of the other major players charge a rescheduling fee? As I said before, this is definitely turning me off of QS for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

My $305 new price was an $155 increase

4 Likes

But, should this be common practice w/ an industry that frequently changes arrival and departure times?

2 Likes

Absolutely not. They know that changes happen all of the time and they are taking advantage of that.

5 Likes

Woah, did you see the back and forth on the BBB page linked in one of the top reviews…yikes.

2 Likes

Yeah…. I’m glad to not be giving them my business at this point.

3 Likes

OK that’s madness.

Was the time of return the only thing that changed or were they also changing from Town Car to SUV?

1 Like