Quicksilver did it to me too…

The return time was the only thing that changed. They said that they can’t modify reservations- only book new ones and that the price went up since booking. Apparently there is no price guarantee??

3 Likes

wow! I kinda wished this person took them to judge judy so I could see the outcome. I’ll never be using this business, ever!

4 Likes

OK folks, I’m not looking to rent. But I need to get from MCO to Universal, Universal to WDW, and then WDW to MCO. Family of 4 including 3 adults and 1 booster-sized kid.
DW and I have never used Lyft or Uber but I guess we can learn.
Anybody got any recommends?

2 Likes

Lyft may be your best bet from Universal to WDW. what is booster sized? can you get a travel foldable booster or do you need something a little more sturdy, it varies per kid.
I’d probably book mears connect for the airport travels.

2 Likes

Sorry booster-sized meaning over 40 lbs and under the age of 8.
Kinda Ontario thang, I guess.
We were looking for an option that supplied a booster so we didn’t have to lug one around.

2 Likes

If you don’t need a 5 pt harness, these are very portable and do the trick.

https://www.target.com/p/mifold-comfort-booster-car-seat-charcoal-gray/-/A-82146841?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012510679&CPNG=PLA_Baby%2BShopping|Baby_Ecomm_Baby&adgroup=SC_Baby_High%2BMargin&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9001881&targetid=pla-896171829530&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&ds_rl=1242884&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo-KCl9uK9gIVA4iGCh1GkQ1rEAQYBCABEgLN5vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

you can sometimes find a lyft or uber with carseat (especially near or on disney property, but it will be really hard to find one off property.

3 Likes

To really have peace of mind I would probably call Mears and see what they can do. They may be able to schedule a large vehicle taxi to pick you up if you don’t want to use Uber/Lyft. There is a code current users can send you to sign up and both people will get a discount on their next ride. I would wait til closer to your trip to do that though. Plenty of us can give you a tutorial if you decide to download the apps and like @Jeff_AZ said earlier it’s worth doing a trial run once at home to get a positive rating (you rate the drivers and they rate you which can factor into your availability to get a ride).

5 Likes

I tried the original mifold and sent it back. It was very small and light but it didn’t seem to offer much protection although it would check the box I guess. Then I ordered the mifold hifold which has an actual back and sides but still folds down enough to fit under an airplane seat. I was more comfortable with that version and used it on a trip where I was renting a car but didn’t want to check any bags or lug a full car seat on the plane.
Amazon, Target and Walmart all have it but kept going to their apps so I couldn’t copy a link!
https://www.consumerreports.org/products/car-seats-28987/booster-seat-28668/mifold-hifold-402920/

1 Like

What about the BubbleBum thing I hear about here from time to time? For the booster I mean.

1 Like

I’ve used Mercado Transportation. They were wonderful! We went MCO to Universal then Disney then MCO. I had a flight change on arrival day and contacted them thru e-mail and they were there waiting on us-no change fee. The day before we were scheduled to move to Disney we decided to leave Universal the next day early. I e-mailed the driver directly and he confirmed the change pretty quickly- again no change fee.
I know they have child seats, but don’t know the cost.
But as far as service they are the best.

7 Likes

Funny thing- they just loaded the plane an hour late. They would t load until 3 seats were freed for crew. My original time might have worked.

6 Likes

I’m really curious about what would have happened if you hadn’t contacted them at all.

1 Like

My “discussion” with them regarding what their website said didn’t go well. They told me they would have checked the time yesterday and called me then.

46 minutes late and still on the ground….

5 Likes

I would have probably been carried out of mco in handcuffs if that happened.

4 Likes

Same

3 Likes

OK this is about to take this thread in another direction but am I understanding correctly? They wouldn’t leave until three seats were freed up for crew? Meaning that they were going to force three people off the plane who had paid for that flight and checked in and boarded because they needed crew to get somewhere else and didn’t plan accordingly?

Wow my head just exploded. The airlines know they have us over a barrel and they don’t care. They’re going to use their power position. every step of the way and nobody’s gonna stop them. I’m so grossed out by now.

8 Likes

That is actually illegal af.
After the incident with that guy that got dragged off a plane a few years ago and was all bloody, the FAA changed regulations. Once you are in that seat, they can’t kick you for crew. (which was why they took him off the plane.)
They can keep upping the compensation and asking for volunteers, but they cannot take a person off the plane that doesn’t want to go.

6 Likes

I actually booked this flights on opening day. The time was changed twice and sometime along the way I was locked out from being able to see the details of the flight. They switched this plan to an 100 seat plane.

They started at 10:15 (boarding time) “we need three seats for crew members, we are starting with a $500 voucher and we will get you on another plane”. Then, it went to “we will give you a $600 voucher, per seat”. Finally, “we will give you $1000 voucher per paid fare, food vouchers, an Uber ride home and back for a flight tonight”.

A family of four took that offer and we boarded. They were announcing they would not start boarding until someone gave up their seat.

4 Likes

Ah, that is a different story. They can do that - and they will, to avoid the cash payouts required for people involuntarily denied boarding. They have to give cash in upwards of $750 pp for each denied boarding - and the longer it takes to get them on a new flight, the more they have to pay.

With 100 people sitting waiting to load, all with tickets, reservations, plans for tonight- they were Will to keep us in Boston until someone agreed. I believe they did it with the next gate too- to Tampa.

1 Like