Quicksilver did it to me too…

Which airline is this again?

Jetblue

3 Likes

Great, I’m flying them in April… Figured I’d try something different after all the SW horror stories of late.

2 Likes

For anyone looking for transport with car seats/boosters - I have not tried this place out yet but am considering it for our April trip, as they seem geared towards providing car seats with drivers trained and certified on proper installation, and they seem to get stellar reviews.

5 Likes

That’s the part that annoys me. They hold a flight on the ground until someone gives up a seat they paid for, sometimes months in advance, to accommodate their crappy staffing issues. It doesn’t just affect that flight either, the rest of the flights coming in and out of that gate are now also affected unless they have perfect cleaning/make up a ton of time in the air.

If getting on another plane is so simple, they should have the crew do that instead of asking families to delay a vacation by a full day.

8 Likes

Delaying a vacation is the least of it, an inconvenience for sure but imaging scrambling at the last minute for a sickness or death in the family, last minute business meeting, a planned event where flights have already set you back bc of the recent craziness and that hour makes all the difference in the world. There should be a time limit a flight can be delayed for this reason and 1 hour just seems unacceptable.

4 Likes

Back when I used to travel 30-ish RT’s a year for work, vouchers were worth less than nothing to me. The last thing I wanted to do for fun was to get on a plane. Work took me to England, Germany, Taiwan and around the US, and I can travel to many other interesting places from there. Cash now, that would have been appealing, but I was never once offered that. Guaranteed First on the next flight was only ever offered when I couldn’t take it.

3 Likes

That’s extortion

7 Likes

Unacceptable

3 Likes

Yeah they NEVER want to give you cash if they can avoid it. Which is why they will delay a plane for an hour looking for volunteers rather than IDB someone and give government mandated cash payments.
They know a good chunk of vouchers just never get used, so a lot of the time the loss is negligible.
It’s frustrating to be sure.

4 Likes

"OK people, we’re going to start sneezing on meals, one every ten minutes until someone volunteers…

8 Likes

Bold of you to assume there’s meals!!! :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes, these work quite well for a kid who needs a booster but not a five point harness. Got mine for my first WDW trip in 2015. Passed it off to another liner several years ago!

1 Like

I think before the next time I fly I will get a printout of that requirement. Then if they pull that stuff on my flight, right after their first announcement I will make my own. Seems that if that crowd knows what the airline is trying to pull they will jeer at the low-ball offers. That should make the offers increase faster and that should get boarding started earlier.

4 Likes

OMG @PrincipalTinker , I am SO sorry! I know that you know that I know how you feel:( You will have an AMAZING trip despite their tomfoolery, just like we did!

3 Likes

I received a referral from @poohfanclub for https://floridatowncar.com/ I asked them if it was ok to publicly post about them and the owner said I could. Honestly I am afraid they will get too much business but they were amazing! They met me at baggage claim, we’re at the BW on time this afternoon. They have some of the cheapest rates I have found.

No booking Quicksilver, even at the lower December rates, saved me money!

17 Likes

I couldn’t find their policy regarding modifying arrival/departure times on their web site.
Does anyone know what it is?

I would just call them. They are a small company, but I think they will try to work with people. He is more of a phone person but very dependable.

2 Likes

So I received an advertising email from Quicksilver today and decided that before I unsubscribed from them I would send a message. Here is what I wrote:
Unfortunately I have heard of several instances of Quicksilver demanding vastly increased fees from customers who had to make minor changes to their pickup times, and also instances of Quicksilver simply cancelling reservations shortly before the scheduled date unless the customer was willing to pay a much higher rate. I am appalled at these business practices and will no longer use or recommend Quicksilver to others as I used to do. I am unsubscribing from your list but wanted you to know why.

I really didn’t expect a reply, but here is the reply I received tonight:

Hi,

Unfortunately, you have heard wrong and are deciding based on either lies, exaggerations, or simple misinterpretations of our clear policies.
My questions to you are, have YOU personally ever had a problem with us? Also have you read the vastly overwhelming positive reviews too, or are you basing your decision to unsubscribe and not use us due to the less than 5% of bad review from clients whom were in their majority only complaining because they did not read the policies they have accepted?

We do not or have ever increased fees due to “minor” changes to their pick-up times, nor have we ever cancelled anyone shortly before scheduled date unless they paid more. Either changes were made last minute and were greater than 30 minutes, or a certain vehicle was unavailable at the new time and a more expensive one was the only alternative. It is highly unfair to be judged this way without you ever encountering a problem yourself or understanding the real facts of the matter. People are very eager to make preposterous complaints and write frivolous reviews when they do not want to pay for either their own mistakes or for changes they have decided to make themselves. Please notice the seldom complaints are NEVER due to our service!

All that being said, I’m sad you will not be enjoying our services anymore, service that has a pristine record with an A+ at the Better Business Bureau, 4.6 stars on google, and a 5 star on TripAdvisor. I do not know how better we can be with the volume we have and with thousands of extremely satisfied customers. I guess the cliché’ is true, we cannot please everyone. One cliché’ that is usually very wrong though is, “the customer is always right”; that one, I’ll tell you that after 21 years in this business, couldn’t be further from the truth.

We have removed your email from all our lists and will no longer send you any newsletters or offers. This is the last email you’ll receive from us (unless you decide to respond of course).

Have a great day.

Regards,
(name edited out)

7 Likes

Well, that’s unfortunate.
I see the Sunshine Flier Buses all over Disney property. I would use them

5 Likes